Holidays

The moment I got off the stage Emily jumped into my arms and kissed me. Wow I chose the right song. Our kisses got a little carried away and soon we said goodbye to everyone and called a cab. Emily felt confused when the cab did not turn off for home but her eyes lit up when we stopped at the airport. "Where are we going?" She asked as we walked to my plane. "Well the first two weeks we will be hopping about. Africa, then France, Bali and then two weeks at our favorite little house." She smiles brightly when I mentioned our little house and that made me incredibly happy.

First stop Africa. We flew to Johannesburg and were both quite shocked that Africa had full on city's with roads and cars and people. I always just assumed it would be a airfield with like maybe two buildings and then The Wild. Our driver drove us for a couple of hours to get to the Kruger national park where we would be staying for the next couple of days. It was amazing. We saw lions and elephants and rhinos and millions of small animals all from the back seat of the open ranger car that was showing us around.  I didn't want to hire a car, I wanted to be curled up on the back seat with my love. By day three I could see the difference being out of America made to her, she was calm and affectionate and smiling the entire time and that's all I wanted.

Emily's pov

Our four days in Africa were amazing and over way to soon. I loved having Luca to my self no work no cellphones no crazy lunatic trying to kidnap me. We got on our next flight and stepped off the plane in France where we spent four days eating pastries and sight seeing. The last day of France we spent at Disney and I felt like a real princess. Flight times are filled with 20 questions and we are learning more and more of the small stuff.

Getting off the plane in Bali was like a dream come true. If a tropical island holiday is what you wanted then this is it. We stayed in a resort on a private island called Sumba and days were spent tanning and playing in the water.

Finally we made it back to our little house, the one I had booked us for a holiday for Luca's birthday. We spent the first day shopping for furniture that would suite us in our little house and the next day installing everything into the house. Luca did security updates while I just decorated. Once we were both happy with how everything looked we spent most of our time in the hot tub or in our bed.

The end of an amazing holiday came to fast and I was being foolish as I somehow thought Luca was going to propose to me on this trip, hey a girl can dream, but as we got on his plane to fly home I was still happy at the memories made.

As soon as we landed Luca's phone rang and he gave very short Yes and Good answers before ending the call. "We need to make a quick stop at the restaurant before we can go home, Stefano has some papers I need to sign immediately." I nodded knowing I had kept him from work for a month. As we stop at the restaurant I take in how quite it looks. No cars anywhere.

Luca grabs my hand and as I stare at the sight in front of me my eyes go wide. The restaurant courtyard has been draped with fairy lights and roses, Luca leads me to the middle of all of it before going down on one knee. "Emily, you have brought light into my very dark world, from the first time you passed out on me right here to all the ups and downs that have happened since. I want you by my side as my equal permanently and I want you to share my family name and feel safe knowing you are my queen so will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

I almost can't see as the tears run down my face "yes yes a thousand times yes" he places the ring on my finger before getting up and giving me the best kiss of my entire life.