Stranger [Part II]

"Father! What have you done?! You'd sworn her family would be kept completely safe-"

"Oh hush, my Prince. I was thirsty. They were helpless and full of life. What's the problem?"

Father and son glared at each other, both pairs of icy blue eyes as cold and harsh as winter as they pierced through the others damned soul. The father's eyes seemed to darken as he looked forward, changing into a deep shade of blue so dark it could very easily be mistaken for a pair of black orbs. The son's eyes, on the contrary, remained the same.

"You promised." The boy spat through his teeth, his fangs protruding onto his lower lip as the words left his mouth in the form of a hiss.

"And you, my dear child, are being quite naive for a man of your age. You're acting as though perhaps you are as young as your fragile, dead body appears to be. It's about time you realize not all promises are kept, especially promises which are so tempting to break, no matter the cause."

The boy's strikingly harsh face softened dramatically as he masked his raw emotion of hatred towards his father, his pair of sharp fangs disappearing from view.

"Of course," he replied coolly. "How immature of me, to expect the best in others when they hardly know what is at stake."

The older man's head tipped backwards as he took in his sons reply, his eye color returning to it's natural shade of blue. His dry laughter echoed loudly around the dimly lit room that surrounded them. He was too preoccupied to notice his own son flinch away from himself.

"You believe that I know not what is at stake?!" He heaved another dry laugh, his ever changing eyes dancing upon the boy.

"My dear Son, were it not for me, for my efforts and for my risks, do you really believe that you would be standing before me as Prince, in such a powerful position as your own?" The man's eyes turned to darkness once more. "How ungrateful of you. How disrespectful of you." He stepped forward towards his son menacingly, and slapped him across the face. He watched as his son fell to the ground and slid towards the opposing wall, feeling nothing but contempt towards his embarrassment of an heir. He knew his strength, and wished he had have dealt a blow potent enough to have sent him flying into the wall so that he could watch him crawl back, begging for mercy.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." He spat towards his son, his words like daggers as he walked out of the room through a gargoyle topped door without a single glance behind him.

The Prince lay on the floor, his cheek and palms a bloody mess as a single tear slipped from his ice blue eyes, betraying him.