Chapter 1

Aichi POV

I used to be afraid of storms. Loud rain. Deep thunder. Fierce lighting. It used to scare me. However, nobody knew I was afraid. Emi would come and hug up to me scared and I would pretend to be strong but when she wasn't looking I'd feel safer next to her.

I used to be afraid of storms. The strong winds. Heavy rain. Until - that was - when I met him.

Toshiki Kai. The strongest Cardfighter I know.

He was the storm that everyone cowered under. The storm the strongest couldn't control. I stood up to him for my memories and most of all Blaster Blade. I won with the power in me but I can't help but feel he went easy on me as I was learning how to play.

Since that day, the storm hasn't hit. I haven't seen Toshiki Kai since the day I won.

I walk down the road towards card capital. The sun is shining but dark rain clouds are forming in the sky. The streets are empty but the roads lined with cars trying to get to work or go pit while the weather lasts. I reach the door to the building which has the words "Card Capital" written above the door. I step inside. I wonder is Kai will be in today. I walk inside and there he is.

I run up to him and tap him on the shoulder lightly,"Kai!" The words come naturally. The brown haired boy turns around and looks at me. "I'm sorry it thought you were somebody else." I frantically apologise, bowing as I speak. He waves it off and carries on playing his game.

I walk up to the counter. "One booster pack please." I ask the kind lilac-haired lady at the counter, named Misaki.

"Sure thing, you've been coming here a lot lately." She says as she takes the money I offer her.

"Sorry!" I quickly apologise. What came over me?

"No need to apologise, we love to see new players enjoying the game." She smiled at me. I smile back politely.

I sit at a table leaning over it. I pull open the pack and flip over the first card. "Come on grade 3," I say under my breath as a do so. I become impatient flipping them over one by one and flip over them all at once. Ugh. No luck on this on either. I hear the door open and footsteps walking. I whip around immediately.

It's Miwa and Kai! They sit down at my table and Miwa says, "So Aichi, wanna have a Cardfight with me?" I nod my head in agreement. Kai doesn't seem to be in the mood today.

"Stand up the Vanguard!"

----------------------------------------------

"I attack you with my Avatar Blaster Blade!" I yell, "with Wingals ability, Blaster Blade is attacking for 19,000!"

"That would put me on 5 damage so I don't guard."

Trigger. Trigger. Trigger. "I check for a drive trigger!" I say checking the top card of my deck. There it is. "Stand trigger. Galateen stands with an extra 5000 power!" Miwa looked triggered.

"Now I finish you off with Gallatin."

"I don't guard." Miwa says. "Damage trigger check. No luck. Well done Aichi you've gotten better!" Kai looks more into it then when he arrived. I think I like him. NO Aichi. Don't be dumb. You like him as a friend and nothing more.

"Do you think I could look through your deck Aichi?" Kai asked. I nod and hand it to him. After a quick scan through the cards he frowns. "Do you have a grade 3 Aichi?" He asks calmly.

"No. I haven't seen one." Kai looks shocked.

"Well. Your deck may suffer through some balance issues without them so perhaps try to get some." Since when was Kai so nice.

"Thanks Kai!" I cheerfully say. I hear a pitter patter on the window and look over at it. It started to rain. "I need to go before this gets heavy." I say pointing at the window. But, Kai sorta looks upset.

"Alternatively," he sighs, "it may clear up. It's only supposed to be a shower." Suddenly a man rushes in panting. He looks up at all the people staring at him.

"Oh hi!" He says, "Um.. I came to shelter from the rain, plus this is a card shop right?" The assister cat nods. "Perfect I can have a Cardfight while waiting."

"Are you strong?" Kai asks in his normal deep voice. His emerald eyes are shimmering so perfectly in the light. He looks so s-... AICHI. You have to stop yourself thinking about him this way. You're friends.

"I mean I guess.." the guy says walking over, "Would you Cardfight and be the judge of that?" He asks. A grin starts growing on his face.

"Sure." Kai mutters.

"I'm Franko Mitahu."

"Toshiki Kai." They are ready to go.

"Stand up Vanguard!"

"Lizard Runner Conro."

"Hades Ringmaster."

--------------------------------------

"ETERNAL FLAME!"

"Ahh, you beat me. Kai, you sir are really strong. Have you try to enter nationals?"

"I don't have a team to do it with." Kai said simply. He shrugged.

The rain seemed to have got rougher. "I must go." I said standing and grabbing my things.

"See you tomorrow Aichi?" Kai asked. My eyes lit up.

"Yeah!" I said walking out the door. I began to walk home in the rain.

Eventually I got home. My hair was wet and dripping with water, my clothes soaked through and I was freezing.

"I-I-Im home mum." I stuttered shivering. I took off my shoes and walked upstairs for a shower.

"Aichis late for dinner again, Mum."

"I know, Emi and he's soaking wet."

"Probably from the rain?"

"Yes."

I heard my mum's and Emi's conversation on my way upstairs but ignored it. I needed to have a shower.

------------------------------------
So what do you think?

Let me know.

If you enjoyed please vote!

Have a nice reading trip.