Chapter 3

Aichi POV

I burst into tears. A minute later the realization hit me. It was a dream. I hope Kai is feeling better today. I hear the head pounding of rain on my window. "Not again." I sigh, "Can't we have at least 2 days of nice weather." I stand and walk to the window. I shut it. I glance at the time, 6:45. That's early for me. I get ready early so I can enjoy breakfast for once. I go to the bathroom and wash my face, don't want to seem like I have been crying, sweating or both.

I brush my hair a little and walk downstairs. "You're up early Aichi," My mum says. I nod.

"I woke up early, I guess." I mumble as I sit at the table.

A tray is placed in front of me. "Eat up!" My mum says happily. I wonder what's she's thinking.

"Thanks mum!" I cheerfully say back.

I finish eating and it tasted amazing, I guess it's because I usually have a cold bit of toast in the morning. I bring my tray to the kitchen and walk upstairs again. I finish getting ready and pick up my bag. I walk to the door ready to leave. "I'm leaving early mum. Gonna do some studying before class." I say.

"See you later sweety!" My mum called back.

As I finish tieing my shoes, Emi walks downstairs. "Mum, I think the world's ending." She yawns. So she does get tired sometimes.

"Why is that?" My mum asks.

"Aichi is up already so the world has ended or he's been snatched in his sleep." I chuckle. Emi turns around. "Aichi! It's early, why are you leaving for school?"

"I'm going to do some studying. Cya guys!" I call. I step outside, put up the umbrella and walk to school. I have some time to think.

If Kai is sick, I won't see him today, which is a shame. The rain has already cleared up, I put my umbrella away. I walk to the park, I have at least half an hour till I have to be at school. I'm sat on a bench that was sheltered from the rain. A kid sat at a dry bench with a table, his eyes were bright and he was lent on a table as if he was waiting for somebody. I know that feeling for sure.

From out of nowhere another kid walk up to him. He sits up and a grin grows on his face. "I see you had the guts to show up, even though I beat you last time." He says. That reminds me of what Morikowa said about Kai.

"Aichi, I doubt he's even gonna be there, I mean, I wouldn't show up if I was beaten by a small fry like you." I sigh. The thought of it annoys me mostly.

"Yeah right, you won by fluke and I'm going to prove it to you with my extra strong deck!" The kid says. I wish I had the guts like him.

"My decks super extra strong so will take yours out." He replies.

"Well, we will have to see." He places down his cards.

----------------------------
"How did You?" The other boy grinned.

"Mike, yesterday you were able to beat me with ease, like a knife cutting through butter. But today you're a stick cutting through solid metal, it's not gonna work. You're trapped and I'm about to win."

"No! I still can win, Alex." Mike argued.

"I told you my deck was stronger. I attack with Megarex!"

"No guard."

"Twin Drive, first, second, alright! It's a critical trigger!" Alex shouts.

"I check for a damage trigger, first and second... I lost. Alex this was fun. We're now rivals and there's nothing you can do about it."

"I had fun too Mike, and I'm fine being your rival." They smile and shake hands.

I stand and leave. "Was he watching us play?" I hear one say. I don't hear a response. I wish I could play like that. With such confidence. Or maybe Kai and I could be rivals.

I walk down the lane towards school, passed card capital. That's where I'll be playing later. I arrive at school and walk in. I'm on time.

-------------------------------
It's history. "So we will go round the class, I'll pick up the homework and you will tell us whether you would join the rebellion and have a slim chance of survival yet have to fight, or die on the spot."

"Bet I know what Shy-chi will do." I heard a voice behind me. George, aka Geo. He came up with the nickname. I'll be known as that forever. No time like the present to try and be confident.

"Aichi Sendou. What will you do?" I hear my teacher say.

"I would fight, not for them but against them. I'm a kings man and I would never turn against him, so I would probably die, but I would die fighting." I say confidently. I hear many gasp. What came over me?

"Hey Shy-chi, can we talk after class?" George whispers

"As long as it's not with your fists sure." I whisper back.

"It won't be," He replies.

I have no idea whether I should talk to him. I guess I will.

---------
After class is done, I see him waiting for me by the door. I guess I have to talk to him. "Mitrak, tell the others I'll be there soon." He calls to Mitrak.

"So, Shy-chi The nickname ain't gonna suit if you become confident, want me to show you what will break that down again?"

"N-No Geo, I-I mean George. I'll act shy again."

"Good, I don't wanna be kicked out." He says and turns.

At least I avoided getting beaten to a pulp. I walk outside to eat lunch.

-------------------
Lunch is over and so is the last lesson of the day so I can go to card capital. I start to walk out. "Yo, Shy-chi, wait up." It's George. Why does he want to talk. I freeze. I'm dead meat, right?

-----------------
I'm sorry I didn't update, this is why I don't have a scedual. Somethings came up and I couldn't avoid doing them so this chapter was late. I'll try and update this book within the next week. Hopefully it won't be prolonged again. Cya, and sorry again. °~°"