Chapter 2

Aichi's POV (Still)

After dinner yesterday, I went to bed hoping tomorrow would be a great day. The thought of having another Cardfight with Kai filled my heart with joy.

It's the next day now. I have school tomorrow but I don't want to go. I get out of bed and get ready to go out. I walk downstairs. I sit down and pull out my deck. I need a grade 3. "Aichi where were you last night, I was worried. You've been late since Thursday." Tears well up in my eyes. Wait. Why am I crying?

"Aichi, why are you crying?" I screw my eyes shut.

"I'm not. I yawned because." I pause, why did I yawn? "Because I'm tired of you worrying unecessaryly about me. I stand and walk to the door put on my shoes and walk out. Why did I say that? I wipe my eyes. I'm so dumb. I reach the shop and walk in.

"Where's Kai?" I ask Miwa immediately. Why didn't I say hi? Miwa didn't turn around.

"Hi Miwa!" I say.

"Oh hey Aichi. Kai fell sick yesterday and couldn't make it." He sees my expression drop. "Hey buddy. Don't worry. He'll be fine. How about you Cardfight someone else today?" I nod and look around. I walk over to a table and sit down. I don't realise how glum I look.

It's not long before I get bored and leave. Before I do I pick up a pack, already knowing I probably won't get a grade 3. I walk home and open the pack. "Hey Emi. What's up?" I say seeing Emi walk into the room. I'm just sat on the couch.

"Hey Aichi." She sighs and sits next to me.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean it. I was just in a hurry and was busy yesterday."

"I forgive you, besides aren't you home early today?" She asks confused. I look a little flustered, I guess.

"Nobody I knew was there so I came home." I lied.

"Oh fair enough."

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I'm staring out the window, into the bright sky. Emi is watching TV.

I stand and walk away. "Cya Emi." I say as I walk upstairs to my room. I sit on my bed, staring blankly at the wall. I suppose I should finish my history homework. Satsuma Rebellion. What would you do if you were in this time?

Finally that's done. That took way longer than it needed to. "Aichi, hurry up and finish your homework, your dinner is getting cold." My mum called up to me.

"Coming mum!" I called back running down the stairs to sit next to Emi. "Dinner looks amazing." I say picking up my knife and fork.

"Shame you couldn't eat it at the right temperature." Emi states angrily.

"Yeah," I nervously laugh back.

------------------------------------
"Thanks for dinner." I say standing and walking upstairs. I wish I had seen Kai today. Made him smile his perfect smile. Seen him fight mercilessly.  Seen his h- AICHIIIII! I have a silly crush on him. Ugh. Now I'm think of him as more of a boyfriend than a friend and annoying myself. He would never thinking me the same way so now I'll just ruin the friendship we have.

He made up an excuse today to stay away from me. I guess I'm not that great after all and he doesn't see me and anything. But maybe if I get stronger. Kai will love me the same way. If I become his equal he love me, correct?

What am I thinking?! I hit my head on the door I just walked through and shut. I pick up a towel and walk into the bathroom. I bearly know the guy. He'd probably like me if I just talked to him like a normal person. He'd probably like me just the way I am. I undress and get into the shower.

---------------------------

After I had the shower I sit on my bed, in my pyjamas, looking at the dark streets. I should probably get some rest.

I turn off the light, get under the covers and fall asleep.

---------------------------

I wake up the next morning. Run downstairs and eat breakfast. I get dressed and rush out to school. The school day doesn't last long, I hand in my history homework and it's basically over. I rush down to card capital where I find Kai and Miwa there already! "Hey guys! You feeling better now?" I ask Kai. He nods.

"Let's have that Cardfight now Aichi." I grin and rush over.

"Stand up the Vanguard!"

"Barkgul."

"Lizard runner undex."

Near the end of the fight.

"I'll burn you to ashes with my apocalyptic flame! I attack Blaster Blade with Dragonic overlord!" His attack hit. I lost.

"You're weaker thank I thought Aichi. I don't want to hang out with you anymore." Kai stands and leaves. I left heavy breathing alone again. With nobody.
----------------------------------------

I sit up on my bed breathing heavily. No. No no. Sweating madly, I mutter "You can't leave me Kai. This world.. I need you." I burst into tears.

-----------------------------------------
I actually had to research stuff for this one life the name of the Japanese rebellion. So you better appreciate it. Updates may happen every 2 days now. Maybe 3. I won't make promises. Enjoy! Thanks for reading <3