you know i got my problems, know you got yours too;

your pov
_______
my vision blurred, my eyes watered as I ran, praying to every god of every religion that I hadn't let him walk away. I prayed by some lost hope that he hadn't left the school.

out on the asphalt, Gus say in the scarce shade, smoking a blunt. a wave of relief washed over me, the urgency to not let him leave was indescribable. I don't get attached to people, to feelings. I'm not emotional in that sense. but Gus isn't just anyone. he's different.

"didn't you see the way they were laughing at you?" Gus looked up, meeting my eyes with his brown ones which were growing more bloodshot by the hit. "trust me y/n, you don't wanna be 'round me."

"says who?" I gave my most genuine voice, which in hindsight probably just made me sound fake. he passed me the blunt as I sat down beside him, taking a hit. "so what you aren't like everyone else? look at me peep, I'm the biggest no one at this school. and I happen to like the boy who's covered in face tattoos with the pink and black fringe, who's unapologetically himself, and calls himself peep. I've never let those bitches tell me how to live my life and I'm sure as hell not starting now."

Gus smiled, and this time, he smiled with his eyes too. tracing he tattoos on his knuckles with his fingertip, ' h o m e s i c k'. he traced the rest of the 'K' as to be collecting his thoughts, then looked back up at me. "you're a wild one, Bambi."

I all but choked, my eyes shot up to meet his goofy grin. I laughed, perplexed. "Bambi?"

he smiled sheepishly down at his shoes, "yeah, cos on the outside, you're like all cute and innocent, but inside you're fierce and independent. so Bambi."

I chuckled, "I like it...well here's my number and address and shit," I wrote it down in my notebook and tore the paper out, handing it to Gus. "yknow,if you ever need anything or whatever." and with that, I walked off.

there's no one like Gus, and I've known him for the entirety of one day. what the fuck is he doing to me?

Gus' pov
______
I walked into the house, Tracy was in the living room.

"yo, how was all that high school shit?" he asked, not looking up from his phone, but when I didn't respond, he looked up at me confused.

a smirk had been stuck to my face since y/n has talked to me. and that's when trace caught on.

shit...

"bruh, you got that afterglow man, who is she?"

I rolled my eyes. "we didn't do nothin' trace."

"mhhmm." he said unconvinced. "yeah, go sell that bullshit down the street, maybe they'll buy it. what's her name?"

"y/n" I sighed, defeated but the mention of her name already had me smiling. Tracy looked at me with that 'scheming' look in his eyes and I knew I was in for it.

"you're inviting her to watch you at the school dance tonight right?"

"hell no!" I've never had words come out of my mouth so quickly. no there was no way that she was going to see me perform. she knows me as peep, not lil peep.. maybe it should should stay that way.

"but why doe?" Tracy pushed, and I rolled my eyes again.

"just, I don't know...what if she thinks it sucks? or that I don't sound good? just too risky man, I just met her, and I don't wanna lose this girl.."

• • • time skip • • •
Gus' pov
_____

damn you Tracy
I huffed anxiously, calming myself enough to knock on the door of the house that y/n gave me the address to.

a red haired woman with tattoo sleeves and a few piercings opened the door, a cigarette in her mouth and she peered her head out of the door at me. "can I help you?"

I scratched the back of my head, "uh, I'm Gus. I'm y/n's friend. Mrs...?"

"y/l/n." she answered for me, "I'm y/n's mom, but call me Mariah...Gus did you say? yeah she's mentioned you." she winked.

my cheeks felt hot. she talked about me to her mom? mariah waved me inside, and that's when I could see y/n sitting in the next room over, laying on the couch scrolling through her phone. thanks for getting the door, Bambi. I internally scoffed as I made my way over to her.

your pov
________
a shadow loomed over me as I lay on the couch, I looked up in surprise. "Gus?"

he stood there for a moment, a look of mischief plastered to his face. "so, you talk about me a lot huh?"

my face turned red, my mom probably told him I had said something about him. shit, why didn't I answer the door.

Gus began to look nervous for a moment, scratching the back of his head. "you know that school concert talent show thing tonight?" he didn't make eye contact with me, the shy side of him was something I hadn't really seen before. "you wouldn't want to hang out there or anything would you?"

I smiled, trying to hide how big my smile actually was. it was like a good dream, that I was about to wake up from. except it wasn't a dream, and I never wanted to end it. "sure peep, see you then?"

he smiled, a content sigh washed over his face. "yeah, sure."

well Tracy, Gus thought. I'll be damned.
______________________
a/n: I feel like this sucks? does is suck? Idk peep is too great i feel like no one can truly capture how amazing he really is:) oh well, second chapter!