Formation (Chapter Four)

Disclaimer: I own Kisara... That's about it. I wish I owned Suigetsu.

Feel free to leave a review! ;)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Four

Ignoring his comment, I waited a good, long minute before I even dared to utter another word. The whole time, he regarded me with a raised eyebrow, obviously expecting me to explain myself.

Sighing, I released the Transformation Jutsu, my natural color of brown fading back into my hair and my eyes returning to their original pigment of green. Judging from what just happened, my transformation had probably gone well. "Sorry to trouble you," I apologized. "I think I'll stay here for a while... just to be safe."

Still fiddling the spoon with his sharp teeth, he regarded me speculatively. As I stared back, I suddenly noticed that he had purple eyes. What an unusual color... It almost looked unnatural.

For a minute, I let myself relax, sinking into the cushioned seats of the booth. I did feel a little awkward just sitting silently there with a stranger, but my blood was too full of adrenaline for me to really care. I just felt relieved that I had finally escaped from that torture.

A moment later, the guy set the spoon on the table with a soft click and spoke. "So what's your name?"

"...Kisara," I answered. This was probably the last time I would ever see him... Why would he want to know who I was? Just to be polite, I inquired, "And yours?"

"Suigetsu," he stated with a grin. "Nice to meet you, Kisara."

I nodded in response, and Suigetsu continued to speak. "Why were you running from those rogues?"

I looked back at him warily. This was the very thing I was afraid of... If I told one wrong person about my large chakra reserve, then it could potentially result in my imprisonment. I didn't know if I could trust this guy...

After a long pause on my part, Suigetsu's grin widened. "Hey, that's not fair... I didn't rat you out, so you owe me."

Reminding myself that this was probably the last time I would ever see him, I finally consented after a sigh. "I was held captive by them for years, and I only escaped recently."

"Interesting," he remarked. "Rogues would only keep a long-term hostage if there was a good reason. What's so special about you, then?"

Puffing out a breathe of air, I remained silent.

"You're so boring," Suigetsu teased. "I'm just curious... That's all."

"If you're only curious, then it shouldn't be a big deal."

"Well, now I'm really interested," he whined. "You still owe me, remember?"

"I already told you why I was running from those rogues." This guy was increasingly starting to get on my nerves...

After a short pause, Suigetsu spoke again with a more serious expression. "I can relate... I was once held captive and experimented on by Orochimaru."

Seriously? He was one of Orochimaru's experiments? "Why?"

A knowing look returned to Suigetsu's expression. "Why should I tell you when you haven't told me anything, hmm?"

After observing him for a few seconds, I gave in to his pressure. His interest only seemed to stem from his personality, anyway. "Well... I have a rather large chakra reserve," I explained. "It's a pretty simple concept to understand. They wanted to take my chakra for their own use."