New Friends (Chapter Seven)

Hey, guys! My summer's been filled with all kinds of activities, but I've managed to find time for this story every now and then. Enjoy!

...and in my opinion, Suigetsu is so confusing. If I were Kisara, I wouldn't stop with the questions. XD

I love all reviews and all people who review.

Disclaimer: *sighs* Nope.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Seven

The initial two seconds in which my mind completely blanked wore off, and I quickly jerked out of his hold. The bitter cold surrounded me like a parasite as soon as I left the sheets, but I still preferred it to the unpredictable Hozuki taking up the bed.

A flash of lightning revealed Suigetsu's purple eyes blinking up at me in (probably fake) surprise. "What was that for?"

I folded my arms in an attempt to preserve heat… and to look somewhat intimidating. "I could be asking you the same thing! You had no reason to do that."

"Well…" I only heard the sound of the rain for a few seconds as he trailed off. "I'm actually freezing over here."

I was expecting some sort of a witty comeback, not this.

Sighing once again, I unfolded my arms. At least he was being honest with me for once. "Suigetsu… if you were cold, you should have just said so in the first place."

As if in response to my calmer tone, Suigetsu's usual attitude started to reemerge. "Yeah, but that wouldn't have been as fun."

"It's not fun when we're both still dealing with same problem as before."

Suigetsu opened his mouth to utter another response but paused upon registering my words. "Wait… you're cold, too?"

I wasn't one to seek comfort from a storm… and especially not from him. "Very."

Despite his lack of an immediate reply, I felt like I could guess his thoughts pretty accurately. "I don't really have any other option, so let's make a truce."

Another flash of lightning briefly illuminated Suigetsu's slightly intrigued expression. "Depends on what kind of truce it is."

"I wasn't warm until I got into bed with you," I explained, as weird as that sounded. "And judging by your reaction, it was the same in your case. I'll agree to share the bed with you… if you agree to stop doing all these weird and strange things."

He cocked his head to the side. "Like?"

He knew exactly what I meant. "Like what happened with the shuriken. And just now."

No hesitation was needed. "Deal."

Ugh… I really hated putting my foot down like this and acting like a… well, a parent, to be frank. When it came to Suigetsu, I always had to make agreements and draw boundaries beforehand if I wanted to effectively cooperate with him as a teammate. It just proved how immature he was…

But sometimes, in rare instances such as this, he would let down his guard and reveal something more to his personality than first met the eye. I almost pinpointed it as… serious. Whatever it was, it suggested that he wasn't as laid-back and carefree as he seemed.

After watching him for another moment, I slowly lifted the sheets and climbed into bed once more. He thankfully didn't try anything unusual, and having my back lightly pressed against his chest was more than enough to keep me warm. He only said one more thing as his warmth began to lull me to sleep.