A New Mission (Chapter Five)

Disclaimer: The answer is no.

Oh, my... Is that romance I see? Or is it Suigetsu just being... himself?

Reviews are currently my favorite things. Just saying. :)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Five

Just as the sun was setting, we found a quaint hotel that would suffice for the time being. My mind was still swirling, and the amount of unanswered questions I had for Suigetsu was enormous, but I resolved to save them for later. After listening to his to-do list, I inferred that we would be together for a long time, so I would have plenty of opportunities to interrogate him.

"One room," Suigetsu requested, taking out a small coin purse and pouring some coins onto the counter of the lobby. Unnervingly, the amount of money was only barely sufficient enough to play for the room. When the person behind the front desk gave us our key, I eyed the nearly-emptied coin purse in Suigetsu's hands.

"Why are we getting a hotel room when you're nearly broke?" I questioned as we proceeded making our way down to our room on the second floor. "We could've... I don't know... slept in a nearby forest or something."

Suigetsu sighed. "Money's the least of my worries. I get money from other people easily... That's how I got all of my money when I was joined up with Sasuke."

It bugged me how he was able to discuss stealing so nonchalantly, but I remained silent as we reached our room and opened the door. I could tell that a long journey laid before me, so I resolved to get as much sleep as possible.

...And there was only one bed. Of course... I should have seen that coming.

A faint trace of a bitter smirk made its way into my expression, for I was about to spend a night (and many more in the future) with a guy I had only met a few hours ago. And not only that, but I was basically dedicating my life to him for who knew how long.

Despite my vibes of awkwardness, Suigetsu acted as if we were close friends having a sleepover. Kicking off his shoes, he flopped down on the left side of the queen-sized bed and rested his head on his arms, thoughtfully regarding the ceiling. Based on his actions thus far, it seemed like he spent most of his time either lost deep in thought or showing off his supposedly-awesome skills. It seemed like we were polar opposites.

Noting that this could possibly be the last chance to take a shower for a long time, I temporarily left Suigetsu to his own devices and took a short shower.

About ten minutes later, I turned off the shower and picked up my clothes from the floor. Ugh... Would I have to sleep in these? It's not like I wasn't used to sleeping in them... That was basically all I did when Ruga held me captive. Still, I thought it would be refreshing to sleep in something else for once. Just as I unhooked the satchel of shuriken from my pants, a plain, white robe folded on the counter caught my attention. Breathing a sigh of relief, I gratefully slipped it on and made up my mind to look for a new outfit in one of the dressers in the main room.

As soon as I opened the bathroom door, a flash of movement to my left caught my attention. In the nick of time, I discovered that it was a shuriken zipping towards me. Luckily, my reflexes kicked in at the last moment, and I jerked myself to the side. Merely a second later, the shuriken pinned itself to the wall with a thud. A flash of realization told me that the shuriken could have made contact with my head instead if I hadn't jumped out of the way.

And it quickly became pretty apparent to me where the shuriken came from.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" I shouted, glaring at the man lounging on the bed. The fact that he wore an expression of boredom only fueled the flames of my anger.