A Trip to Konoha (Chapter Six)

Yes! Exams are finally over!

I apologize to all of my readers for not posting recently, but I have been so busy with exams, it being the end of the school year and all. But now that summer is here, I have all of this time to catch up on writing. I'll try to update often... I don't plan on leaving this story unfinished anytime soon.

And thank you so much for those who took the time to leave reviews! Every single one of them made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 3

I'm thinking about going back to the previous chapters and adding in previews... should I do that?

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, but Kisara is all mine.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Six

I became so stupefied that I didn't follow through with my kick and instead lost my balance, tumbling to the ground.

Was that puddle of water… Suigetsu?

Almost on cue, that puddle started to form into the shape of a body and solidified into the one and only Suigetsu merely a second later. Without paying attention to anything else but the rogues, he continued to fight as if nothing had happened.

What… the hell?

I had no idea how long I remained on the ground just gaping, but before I knew it, the Iwa-nin were sprawled out in front of me, clearly unconscious.

I small voice in the back of my head informed me that Suigetsu must have also taken care of the other rogue for me, but I was too focused on a more pressing matter to really notice.

"I'm awesome, right?" Suigetsu bragged as he dusted himself off. "You must be completely blown away by my skills. It's okay, I expected this to happen."

Well, yeah. But it wasn't because of his skills that I was so astonished. Although those were pretty good, too...

"You never told me… that you could turn into water," I croaked.

For some reason, a glint in Suigetsu's eyes told me that he had already foreseen this situation. "I never did tell you that, did I?"

I mentally kicked myself for having really been surprised. "You totally knew!"

"Knew what, hmm?"

"You knew that I was going to react this way, so you deliberately didn't tell me about your… special ability."

Suigetsu sheepishly scratched the back of his head as if he really felt ashamed. "Oh, well. You got me there." Walking over to me and offering his hand, he added, "And it's not just me… it's a whole Hozuki clan thing. Isn't it handy?"

Although it was a rather unsettling sight, I couldn't help but agree. "Very," I agreed, taking his hand. "That must mean weapons are basically useless against- gah!"

I quickly jerked away from his hand, which had enlarged to at least the size of my head.

While I inwardly shivered, Suigetsu burst into laughter. "You should have seen your face!" he guffawed. "Saving that one for you was totally worth it- my life is complete!"

"So you can mutate yourself now?" I dryly questioned, narrowing my eyes.

"Don't think of it as a mutation… it's not permanent, anyway." Just to prove his point, he returned his hand to its original size. "It's the Hozuki Hydrification Technique. Also pretty handy for wielding Kubikiribocho."