Breakfast and self-defense

As it turned out the servant's courter was a small cramp room with lots of beds. Dirt was everywhere and mice scattered across the floor.

"Nice place," Ellie said dryly. She had always lived poorly but she never had to be in a room like this.

"You get used to it. Plus, the mice usually leave us alone. They must sense your presence." Maddy said.

"Why do animals care about my presents."

"They die too if demons attack. Somehow the animals know about the prophecy too. it's almost night time so the others should be back soon." Ellie's mouthed dropped.

"But-"

"time works differently here. Like I said before you'll get used to this." As Maddy said this a strange woman with a long crooked nose came in.

"Maddy there you are! We've been looking all over. Do you know how much work you have to make up." The woman seemed to only notice Ellie after she had said this. "Maddy who did you bring back?"

"This is Ellie, she'll be working here for awhile. Ellie, this is Deven she's the one in charge of us kid servants." Maddy introduced. Ellie looked at the woman more closely. She had creases forming from old age and had green eyes.

"Like Maddy said, I'm Ellie. I'm here because it was part of the arrangement for me to stay."

"Arrangement?" Deven asked

"Yes, in the first female dragon rider, blessed by the fate, a pure-souled, and the one in the process." At this Deven gasped. "The dragon riders don't believe me despite the obvious facts. The arrangement for me to stay was that I had to sleep here, Eat the scraps, I have to help any dragon riders, and I have to get a 100 or higher for my classes."

"So you're saying we've got a dragon rider here to help us do chores? Ya, I don't think you'll be able to handle a day here. Did you know we have to clean and cook?" Deven said mockingly.

"Yes. I would assume you would. It's not like for most of my life I've been forced to be a servant for my own family. or anything." Ellie spat out. Deven looked down.

"I'm sorry... Can I see your dragon? I need to see proof." At this, Ellie called out Alfie get you but over here! Alfie came flying over. Ellie, I learned how to fly. I was walking and I tripped. So I used my wings to get up. I wasn't expecting to actually do it but I did! Ellie smiled at her dragon. Do you know we just had a conversation with our minds? A full one, not just you saying something to me? Ellie could feel her dragon smiling. Yep, we did!

"This is Alfiena my dragon but call her Alfie," Ellie announced. "Alfie this is Deven." Alfie gave a nod a swooped around the room.

"How can you dragon fly already? Judging by how she looks shes only a day old... but then again she is the legendary dragon."

"Oh by the way Ellie your senses should be here completely by morning, Alfie should be able to tell you how to use them," Maddy said.

"Deven do you know where we could sleep I have to get up early to get to class." At this Deven nodded.

"Yes follow me. Fair warning some of the younger kids might want to play with Alfiena so I would watch out for her." Ellie laughed. "I don't have a problem with it as long as they don't harm her."

"Great well here we are," Deven said pointing to a bed in the far back. It didn't look that bad. The bed was covered in blue sheets and had a nice fluffy pillow. Next, to the bed, there was a small pile of sheets. Ellie could tell that this was for Alfie.

"well I'm going to sleep goodnight," Ellie said as she climbed into bed. Maddy and Deven left her alone with Alfie. Slowly Ellie drifted off to sleep. Ellie woke up to a spider running across the floor. Weirdly enough she could hear everyone one of the legs moves. Thump. Thump. Thump. They moved. NOw that Ellie realized it she could hear everyone snore and she could see clearer. Elllies eyes widen in shock as she realized what this meant. Alfie! I got my senses! Ellie screamed in her mind. That's great... if you want to control it just focus on not hearing or seeing as well. Alfie replied tiredly. Ellie did what she was told and slowly it started to work. When her senses were normal Ellie realized that it was daytime. She had to go to class.