ALFIE DON'T

As soon as the door shut Ellie realized the mistake that she had made, every step she took made her head pound. "Alfie where are you?" Ellie had no choice to call out because some healer weirdo forgot to tell her which room was 'the other room'. There were about 10 rooms on each side every single one had someone running in and out of them. 

"I'm in a bed-THE DOOR JUST OPENED I'm going to make a run for it-OUTCH!"

"Are you okay?" Ellie said before she recoiled in shock as she heard a bang coming from a room with a dark blue door.

"I don't know, there seems to be an invisible barrier around me." 

Ellie wanted to laugh as she realized what Alfie had meant, "Alfie that's-"

"I'm going to try to go through it-" Alfie said in a confident voice, cutting off Ellie.

"Alfie-" Ellie tried to make her voice calm. Alfie ignored her to busy making a plan.

"If I go fast enough and use my fire-" 

"Don't-" Ellie tried once again to get the baby dragon to stop.

"With the right angle-" Alfie went on not knowing that the invisible barrier was super strong, fireproof glass.

"ALFIE DON'T!" Elie screamed which caused a bunch of stairs and another painful pound to the head. Ellie reared open the blue door hoping it held Alfie. It was just her luck to find out that the blue door room was a nursery and the loud noise of the door opening had woken up all the babies that were sleeping there. To make matters worse Alfie's presence had almost completely disappeared from her mind. What Ellie assumed to be a worker glared at her from the hallway. 

"What do you think you're doing?! Do you realize how hard it is to get them to fall asleep?" The employee shoved passed her. "what are you staring at?" The employe asked Ellie was staring at someone who was shifting in between male and female. 

"What are you?" Ellie said. The employee did not seem to like that. 

"What am I? What am I?! Why does everyone always ask that question? Everyone always says that when they look at me! And then there are the follow-up questions are you a he or a she? Should I call you, they? Why are you changing back and forth? And then there are the dragon riders, they all think they're so much better than us, they always make fun of me 'why are you so weak you can't even control staying in one form'. I swear if the pay here wasn't as good as it is I would have left a long time ago. Oh, and don't even get me started on the-" Ellie didn't get to here the rest of the rant because she felt herself being forcefully pulled away. She tried to twist around to see who this person was but two surprisingly strong arms shoved her into a room.

The room was padded in orange carpet and there was scratch maks everywhere. Oh no, I'm about to be eaten alive! It wasn't the best conclusion she could have come up with but it was was the only one that came to mind. "Sorry we used to have cats but they all disappeared about a month ago." A voice called from behind her, even though she had only just met him she recognized that voice. Ellie groaned and turned around staring straight at Mr.Comfedent. He had a stupid smirk on his lips and was leaning against the door. 

"You and your dragon sure are a mess to look after."

"Hey!" Ellie yelled as her anger seared in a flash which resulted in her head searing in pain. Ellie winced before looking back at-wait what was his name. 

"I did warn you not to leave the bed. Now come on you need rest."

"Not before I see Alfie."

"Alfie's fine, although she's not the brightest. She knocked herself out colliding with her fire. Now I don't usually give in this easy but if you sit down for a few minutes I'll let you leave." Not wanting to back into the hospital room Ellie sat down. She started to get lost in thought, in fact, she was so lost in thought that she didn't realize someone sneaking up behind her until she felt a sharp pain in her neck. Ellie twisted her head to look at what had caused her pain when she suddenly felt dizzy. 

"The more energy you use up the more tired you will become." Healer weirdo said. Ellie tried to stand up but she was only halfway successful before she stumbled and started to fall, a pair of arms caught her right before she hit the ground. 

"I am sorry but as a doctor, I can't let you harm yourself and the more you walk around the more likely you are to slip back into your coma." He told her as he laid her head on his shoulder. Ellie was trying to turn away but she found she had only enough strength to blink up at him. 

"You need to rest now." He said and although Ellie didn't want to she found herself closing her eyes. The last thing she felt before falling asleep was being picked up and carried away.

________________________________________________________________________________

I know this is super short and I'm sorry. As you know I've been on hold for a very long time. Although I didn't make as many changes as I thought I would I am happy to say I will hopefully be posting more. I also wanted to say tell you guys how much it meant to me that you guys were enjoying the story. I know a lot of people say this but every time I saw a comment or a vote it inspired me to work. Of course, it is hard to work on a story when you have riders block. (Did you see what I did there.) Okay, I'll wrap this up, I can't promise weekly updates but since my writer's block is officially gone (for now) I will try to get one up every other week. Thanks once again for the support and goodbye.