• exsequor • explain •

This is the story of the great Welsh King Glyndŵr, who disappeared centuries ago along with his daughter, the princess Crystyn. The story of his finding.

A girl, the daughter of seers and the one cursed to kill the one she kisses, has stumbled across a hidden network of roads brimming with magic. Along with these, come a mismatched group of boys who are already neck deep in the riddles and puzzles that are wrapped knit-tight around the mystery of the raven king.

She has been told to beware of the Aglionby boys, because they are bastards. Known also as Raven Boys, they only mean trouble.

But this is hard to do, since a night beside her clairvoyant mother counting the spirits of the future dead has revealed that the boy she is fated to kiss is one of them

After a run-in with these students, they intrigue her, pulling her into the mystery not only they themselves are surrounded by, but their own.

She learns about each of them, and they about each other, as the group of five test their limits against time.

Because they have one chance to find the Raven King and his daughter, and if they miss it or lose to the other groups on the hunt, then they lose each other.

A/N: I feel like none of that makes sense but it works out, don't worry. It will probably make more sense once I publish the roles.

update:

Also adding to the doubts, worry and pressure, they have a twin group - except almost exactly the opposite. These rivals have never met before, and know only that the other exists. They have no idea of the age, intent and identities of the other group.

Group one, one girl in the midst of boys.

Group two, one boy in the midst of girls.

Each has the help of one adult and any contacts they might possess.

Where will bonds form and who, between these groups, will achieve what they set out to do?

• historia • history •

Glyndŵr was a descendant of the Princes of Powys from his father Gruffydd Fychan II (Griffith Vuchan), hereditary Tywysog of Powys Fadog and Lord of Glyndyfrdwy, and of those of Deheubarth through his mother Elen ferch Tomas ap Llywelyn. On 16 September 1400, Glyndŵr instigated the Welsh Revolt against the rule of Henry IV of England. Although initially successful and rapidly gaining control of large areas of Wales, the uprising suffered from key weaknesses - particularly a lack of artillery, which made capturing defended fortresses difficult, and ships, which made their coastlands vulnerable - and was eventually overborne by the superior resources of the English. Glyndŵr was driven from his last strongholds in 1408-9 and the last documented sighting of him was in 1412. He refused to accept a pardon and despite large rewards being offered, was never betrayed to the English. As a result, his ultimate fate remains a mystery.

Glyndŵr is a notable figure in the popular culture of both Wales and England, portrayed in William Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 1 (anglicized as Owen Glendower) as a wild and exotic man ruled by magic and emotion ("at my nativity, The front of heaven was full of fiery shapes, Of burning cressets, and at my birth The frame and huge foundation of the earth Shaked like a coward." — Henry IV, Part 1, Act 3, scene 1). In the late 19th century the Cymru Fydd movement recreated him as the father of Welsh nationalism, revising the historical image of him and joining him in popular memory as a national hero on par with King Arthur.

http://theravenboys.wikia.com/wiki/Owain_Glynd%C5%B5r