2. BARRY

BARRY - Released Prisoner Number 2

The Emotion here is Relief.

Barry stood outside of the prison, his leather holdall at his feet. At last, they'd granted him parole and after five long years, he was free. He remembered, with clarity, the moment three years ago when his wife Linda has visited him in prison for the very last time. 

 "I'm not waiting for you Barry, I want a divorce." she'd said, as she looked down her nose at him. "I've met someone else. Someone who can make me happy." 

 'Make you happy', he'd thought, 'Nothing on earth could make you happy.' He'd pretended to be sorry, but on arriving back in his cell, he punched the air and ran around like a lunatic! It had been the best moment in his entire life. He'd been wondering how to get rid of her and now it had happened. How could someone who looked so gorgeous be so poisonous? She had a tongue like a viper.

Barry glanced at his watch. Where was Colin? He was waiting for his brother, they were setting up a business together in London. A Call Girl agency...dealing with only the most voluptuous, beautiful, long legged girls any man could dream about. There was money in it and lots of perks! And those perks were making his mouth water. They were going to make sure their girls were taken care of, were safe and never in danger, and lo betide any man who messed with them! The girls would be standing in line to join their operation, when word got around. Barry loved the idea of it, a properly run call girl agency, second to none.

His thoughts returned to Linda. What a shrew! How she loved to argue and nag, it had driven him to drink! Just as well they'd had no children, what an awful mother she would have made, although she was heart broken about it. And, just as well she knew nothing about the money he had salted away in an offshore account, otherwise she would have had her talons into that all right!

Strange though, how she had always thought him innocent of embezzlement, but he was as guilty as hell; he'd paid the price for it though. Five miserable years...gone never to return. He shivered. He wasn't ever going back there, never. It was a mugs game. If you do the crime, don't get caught, was his motto. He wouldn't get caught again.

A silver car drew up outside of the prison and Colin lowered his window. 

"Hey Bro, nice to see you. Get in and let's get away from this miserable place." Barry sighed deeply, climbed into the passenger seat and they set off down the road. 

"Everything okay?" asked Barry. 

"Yeah! Everything's great. I found the premises and started to interview the girls. I've found some smashers, but I want your opinion of course. And, as a coming home present, I am letting you have Leila – free of charge." Colin hooted and Barry smiled and they started on their journey, heading towards London.

513 words

Emotional ConnectionsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara