Chapter 3

They had already broken the ice and were becoming very good friends with each passing day, and the dance party after the farewell to their seniors proved to be the beginning of a sweet romance. Soon they were totally in love with each other and Reza decided to propose to her for marriage. And then everything happened smoothly with both Alisa's and his parent's approval of the alliance. Reza promised to enroll himself in Masters after marriage. So they got engaged and married after one year when they finished their Bachelor's together.

On their wedding day, Reza looked as a typical Indian Prince, wearing a Pristine Black Jodhpuri suit which was accessorized with their family pearls necklace. He had grown a French beard and was looking very handsome. The happiness of marrying the love of his life shone through his face.

If Reza looked like a handsome prince, Alisa was nothing short of a Princess herself, that day. Wearing a beautiful traditional red dress, with intricate gold work, accessorized with beautiful jewelry of gold, rubies and diamonds. Her dress included a long head scarf which she had set as a veil, covering her face, as per the tradition. Reza lifted her veil and then everyone could see how beautiful the bride looked. Her eyes were full of love for her groom, her lips were lush and beautiful, her cheeks radiating the glow of internal happiness. They looked truly made for each other. Infact she was too happy to be shy. Reza was constantly teasing her by whispering endearments in her ears and she was all smiles and laughters. The guests were also enjoying their camaraderie and were teasing both of them in good will.

On their wedding, they were truly and wholeheartedly blessed by their parents' and other family members and were well wished by everyone who became a part of their happiness. Theirs was a perfect love story with an apparently happy ending.....

Only that it was not the end....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reza had proved to be the best husband a girl could ever wish for. He was sweet, gentle and very caring towards Alisa. Their days were full of laughter, and nights were full of passion. Alisa was completely drowned in his love and she was more than joyous when, after around seven months of their marriage, she found out that she was pregnant. She had gone to the doctor's office to collect her reports. She had not told Reza about the test she went through...but now that her pregnancy test had come back positive, she was eager to impart the good news to Reza and to see his reactions. As she could not wait any longer for him to come home, she decided to go to his office and surprise him.

On her way to his office, she stopped the car at a flower shop and bought a bouquet of red and white roses. When she reached his office, the receptionist told her that he was attending a meeting in the conference hall which was on the 2nd floor. Alisa was directed to sit in Reza's cabin and wait there for him for few minutes. His secretary, Amanda, was a friendly and sweet natured young girl. She saw Alisa holding a bouquet and looking extremely excited. Feeling happy for the sweet lady's obvious happiness, she asked her,

"What is it Mrs.Reza?"

Alisa was just brimming with excitement, but she controlled it as she wanted to give the good news to Reza before anyone else. So she just laughed and her eyes twinkled with the love that was now growing inside her, the love that was Reza's and hers and was now going to be multiplied to infinite numbers.

Reza entered his cabin and saw his wife laughing and his secretary smiling. They both looked at him at the same time. Amanda said, "I will ask for some refreshments" and left the cabin. Reza smiled and came near Alisa, who was now turning to pick up the bouquet. Reza's eyes grew wide. He was already thrilled to see her there unexpectedly, and now her foolishly happy expression brought a grin on his face too.

"Alisa, what is it?"

She made a grand gesture by holding out the bouquet towards Reza and with a goofy smile she said, "We are pregnant!"

Reza could not believe his ears for a second, but then he reached for the bouquet, put it on the table beside him... turned towards her again and with an extremely serious expression on his face, he dropped to the floor on his knees!

Alisa was looking at him. She expected him to hug her and congratulate her in happiness. But when he simply dropped on the floor, her heart fluttered with dread. With trembling legs, she also got down on her knees and came to his level. Then she touched his upper arm with uncertainty and fear. "Reza, are you alright? Aren't you happy?"

Reza slowly looked up and then she saw what he was feeling.

His face was drenched in tears and his eyes were so full of emotion that Alisa's own heart squeezed with love and joy... she just brought his head to her chest and he wrapped his arms around her and with his face in her chest, he cried like a baby. After a few minutes, he composed himself, looked up and dropped his arms that were keeping her close. With a sheepish grin, he said,

"Alisa I love you! This is the best news of my life!"

Alisa, who also had started to weep after seeing such an unexpected display of emotions from him, looked up and wiped her face and smiled. Her smile was different than ever before. It was giving her face a beautiful glow, or so Reza felt at that moment. He was so happy that he just wanted to hold her, hug her, lose himself in her... It had become really difficult for him to control his overriding emotions considering that they were standing in his office.

Time was passing quickly and already two months had passed. Alisa was suffering from morning sickness and a generalized weakness; and her parents in law were looking after her like a fragile doll. Reza was totally obsessed with taking care of her and had it been in his hands, he would have stopped going to his office and University, where he had started his bi-weekly MBA program, and just sit by Alisa's side for her entire pregnancy period. Alisa used to enjoy his antics to stay near her a lot. It required a lot of verbal force and bribery to send him away for the necessary chores.

Alisa's father had arranged her appointments with the best gynecologist, Dr.Adam, in the state. He and his wife were very excited for their daughter and they had started shopping for their grandchild. Alisa's mother did not know whether to sew some small clothes for the baby or start knitting sweaters and socks!

Alisa could not thank her Lord enough for blessing her with such loving people in her life and for all the happiness that was being showered upon her. 

But nature does not stay as giving always. Sometimes it takes more than what it gives!

Alisa's fate nosedived too.....

--------------------------------------------------------
If you liked the chapter, please VOTE and SHARE. Your comments are also welcome. :)