⟡ 5 ⟡

The following weeks were spent in a bliss. The two boys went back to school, and every time Jeongguk had time to catch a glimpse of the other boy, he could see the charm peaking out from underneath his jacket, the older wearing the necklace proudly on every occasion.

Almost every day, Taehyung and Jeongguk would spend their afternoons at the Cabin, recently working on a new language that only the two of them could understand. Today, however, Taehyung had a playdate with one of his classmates, Michael, and Jeongguk was left with his own imagination.

Jeongguk was sitting in his last class of the day, math, when suddenly Yugyeom handed him a note. Jeongguk carefully opened the note, and looked what was inside. The note was over-scribbled with large letters, and misspelled words, but despite the messy note, Yugyeom was still better than Jeongguk at English. Both writing and reading.

what ar you duing todey?

Jeongguk studied the note carefully, trying to make out the five words. Soon enough though, he understood, and scribbled down his own answer on a piece of paper he teared off of his notebook.

i pleying wit alon- scribble off i dont not hav aney- scribble off

nuhting

after much thought he decided to go with a simple answer that he knew Yugyeom would understand instantly. He shoved the note underneath the smaller boys math book, and looked up at the teacher, trying to seem as unsuspicious as possible.

Soon enough a small finger poked his arm. The same piece of paper was lying in front of him.

do yu wana pley? :)

Jeongguk looked up at the other boy, and nodded furiously.

"Jeongguk, Yugyeom, concentrate on your calculations." Mrs. Johnson huffed at them, as she continued scribbling numbers onto the blackboard.

She didn't need to tell Jeongguk twice.

Sooner than later, class was over and Yugyeom and Jeongguk were sitting in Yugyeom's room. Yugyeom lived a couple of streets away from Jeongguk, and he also had a bigger room. And a bigger room equalled more toys. And surely enough the two boys were sitting on the carpet, playing with toy story figurines. Suddenly Yugyeom put his toy down, and looked at the older.

"Are you friends with Taehyung from third grade?" Yugyeom asked the other boy. Jeongguk instantly nodded at Yugyeom and then went back to playing with his Woody figurine. But Yugyeom wasn't done asking Jeongguk questions.

"How did you become friends." Jeongguk sighed and put the toy down, not really in the mood for a whole Q&A session.

"I just met him in the forest."

"That's weird. You don't just meet somebody in a forest."

"Well I did." Jeongguk grumbled. Yugyeom moved closer to Jeongguk, struggling, since he only used his buttocks. He then grabbed both of Jeongguk's shoulders.

"But he's in third grade?"

Jeongguk lifted both eyebrows. "So?"

"He's a whole year above than us, and he probably also has more friends and more toys than both of us combined!" Yugyeom's eyes suddenly sparked. "I want to be his friend too, then we can both play with his toys." Jeongguk huffed, and then freed himself from Yugyeom's grip.

"Why don't you just talk to him now then, since he's so interesting." Yugyeom shook his head, and grabbed Buzz Lightyear again. 

"No, I mean, if you're his friend then you could talk to him, so that he talks to me, and then the three of us could all play together-" Yugyeom suddenly stopped. "But I heard that he's stuck up, and that he drops anybody who doesn't want to play with him."

A spark of anger then flared through Jeongguk's veins

"That's not true. He's my good friend and he's not like that."

Yugyeom thought about it for a second. He then opened his mouth to continue.

"'Guess you're right. But what if he suddenly didn't want to play with you anymore, just because he wanted to play with somebody else."

Jeongguk shook his head.

"Tae would never do something like that."

Yugyeom shrugged. "You're probably right. Okay, how about we look for my brothers snacks. I know he's hiding some in his room."

After looking through Yugyeom's brother's room and finding literally everything but snacks, the boys admitted defeat, and decided to eat froot loops with chocolate milk and sugar instead. After leaving the kitchen a mess, they then went to the living room to watch tv, while eating their sugary mixes from the bowls. Then Yugyeom's father came home, and Jeongguk's mother came to pick Jeongguk up.

And then it was evening.

Jeongguk was laying in his bed, looking up at the luminescent stars plastered on his ceiling thinking about the day's events. Thinking about the conversation he and Yugyeom had.

But he's in third grade?

Sure Taehyung was in third grade, but he was new to the school. Even though Tae was a class above him, Jeongguk had attended the school longer than he had. And Taehyung had met Jeongguk at the same time as he started in his class, so the class difference shouldn't matter much. Besides there was only half a year between them. It was nothing. Nothing that should matter at least. 

But what if he suddenly didn't want to play with you anymore,

Jeongguk's toes curled up as he could hear Yugyeom say the sentence in his memory. He pulled his duvet above his head, and curled up under it, grabbing his bunny toy Tata.

"Tae would never do something like that." He reminded himself.

Ok lol hello, this felt a lot like a filler to me oops, but you know what they say. The more child!Jungkook, the merrier amirite (:

(do i already smell the angst incoming?? I might.. but not yet!)

Also, I just checked Cabin, and I saw that I have??? 736?? reads???? I nearly fainted when I saw the number. Honest to god, I didn't think I would reach 500 reads before my 20th chapter hahaha. I really appreciate it so much! Thank you all, please receive this update as a thanks from me <3 <3 <3

Don't forget to vote and comment since it means the world to an author like me! <3

- ࿎࿎ 𓆉