♤ 37 - THE QUIET ♤

♤ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚀𝚄𝙸𝙴𝚃 - 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚎 𝚂𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚗 ♤

Silence.

That was what woke Jeongguk up. The unsettling sound of silence.

Typically he would wake up to the quiet hum of his mother, scrambling around the kitchen in order to make a last minute breakfast, before leaving for her early shift. Or else it was the sound of cars that woke him up. Rarely his clock, he really hated that sound.

But this sound of nothingness was unfamiliar.

So he sat up, blinking the sleep out of his eyes as he tries to orientate himself as to where on earth he was. It was by then he realized where he was, and due to which circumstance. Thank you very much lower back, he thought.

He laid back down, and pulled the blanket to his neck engulfing himself in the flowery-smelling bed sheet, as he exhaled deeply.

Thinking back at last nights escapades, he couldn't help the blush sneaking onto his face and parts of his neck. Just thinking of how he and Taehyung had connected as one, and showed their hearts on their sleeves was enough to tip Jeongguk over the edge. 

And so he leaned closer to Taehyung, in order to be engulfed in his warmth, instead of the artificial warmth the blanket brought. He was ready to feel the older's arms around his body, skin against skin, as he leaned closer and closer and almost impossibly closer.

But it never came, and eventually his back hit the wall.

Blinking a few times, he finally managed to get his eyes to work properly. He sat up, and looked around the bed loft only to find nothing. The cause of the noisy nothingness from earlier.

No Taehyung, nothing.

"Tae?" He called out, suspecting that the older might've been downstairs to let the younger get his well-deserved sleep. But as he received no answer, he decided to go down and inspect the situation himself.

He wrapped the blanket around his body, before crawling down the ladder to the main part of the cabin. As his feet met with cold wood, he managed to look for his underwear and socks, finding them shortly after, hanging from different lights in the cabin.

After hiding his private parts and feet with the clothing articles, he called out again.

"Tae?"

No answer. The cabin was cold and deserted.

Jeongguk's heart broke again.

But before allowing it to fall to the darkest depths of his stomach, cracking into tens of thousands of pieces, he allowed himself the benefit of the doubt, and grabbed his phone laying on the small sofa table by the bean bags.

Hey Tae, where did you go?

He hit send, and hurried to gather his clothes in a pile, pacing around the room, waiting for a reply.

He managed to put on his clothes, and tie his shoes incorrectly twice due to his shaking hands, before checking his phone again.

It had already been twenty minutes, and Taehyung had not responded.

Confusion and disappointment settled in his gut, and he coughed twice, trying to inhale and exhale properly to gather his thought, to no luck. 

Are you home?

Jeongguk decided to double text Taehyung.

Taehyung?

Triple text him even. But still receiving no answer.

It was by then his first tears fell.

"Please tell me this is a horrible dream that I'll wake from soon," Jeongguk whispered to himself,  still pacing around the limited space of the small cabin. "This can't be real. He would never." Jeongguk assured himself.

And so he grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed Taehyung's number.

Four long dial-tones and a half-assed voicemail later, Jeongguk's cheeks were damp once again.

Jeongguk stood there in the suffocating silence as his tears painted the wooden flooring, unable to process anything and everything. He slid down onto the floor and started full on sobbing.

Taehyung had left him again.

As tears raced down his cheeks, seemingly never-ending, Jeongguk tried to gather his breath.

Through the tears, he crawled to grab his belongings quickly, before scrambling to his feet, legs shaking, making his way towards the door.

He slammed the cabin shut, before running as fast as his legs could support, doing his best to get away from the cabin. Away from Taehyung.

Everything hurt, and only two people were left to blame.

"Please come pick me up." Jeongguk sniffled quietly into his phone, drying his tears off with the sleeve of his shirt for the nth time that morning.

"Where are you?" Kiana hurriedly puffed into the phone, scrambling with some keys.

"Jeanette's diner downtown." Jeongguk muttered. His eyes hurt and the sleeve did nothing to help. Yet he continued drying the never-ending steam of tears off his cheeks.

When he had arrived at the diner, the workers surely must have been extremely concerned. Seeing a teen boy come waltzing into a diner, with red puffy eyes and a slight limp in the early morning was not a delightful sight, and quickly the waiter had managed to place Jeongguk by one of the tables, offering him coffee and a piece of cake of his choice on the house.

Jeongguk had accepted and was now picking at the cake with the fork, appetite having gone on a vacation to the Bahamas.

"I'll be there in a sec. Please take care until then." And then she hung up.

Jeongguk dropped the phone on the table, and started sniffling slightly again. The concerned waiter, who was watching from the sidelines, gulped lightly and rushed to the back of the diner, scrambling for more tissues for Jeongguk.

As the cake slowly started breaking apart, and the topping was deteriorating because of the salt water applied, a car pulled up in the almost empty parking lot, and a frantic Kiana jumped out, scanning everywhere for Jeongguk.

As she entered, she quickly ran to Jeongguk's side, and pulled him off of the seat and into her embrace.

"I can't believe he would do that to you." Kiana whispered into his hair, as she squeezed him harder. Jeongguk just started sniffling more.

She grabbed his cheeks and looked him directly into the eyes, eyes softening at the condition of Jeongguk's face.

"You look awful. Let's go to mine okay? You need a bath and sleep. Lots of it." Jeongguk just stared off and managed to nod faintly, before Kiana dragged him off into the parking lot, thanking the waiter for taking care of Jeongguk all the way out.

Kiana was quick to get Jeongguk into the car, covering him with a blanket she brought along, before getting into the front seat, and driving back home.

Taehyung is a dead man, she thought.

I don't know if any of you predicted this, but whOOPS GOTTA BLAST—

No but fr I've been foreshadowing since the creation of earth, and I bet some of you saw this coming, but as I said, this is just the beginning (: (or The Feelings lol im sorry)

High School is getting the best of me, and I'm soooo tired. It's almost Tuesday, but I'm just looking forward to the weekend (': How are you doing?

Also 86k freaking reads??????? Thank you for reading???? idk what else to say lol I'm completely in shock <3 <3 <3

This is a spell! Vote and comment for things to turn out alright (i'm awful)! <3

- ࿎࿎ 𓆉