Home

River's POV

My legs grow numb from the long drive. The car ride is relatively silent, save for the quiet conversation happening in the back seat between the Beta's son and Gamma's daughter.

Through the long car ride, I watch my Father's car drive in front of us, leading our pack to their new home.

A soft tune plays on the radio, washing out the awkward silence which would otherwise take over the car.

After watching the two in the back converse quietly for a while, I switch my attention back outside to the city we were entering.

I take in a large breath as I read the city sign

Blue Oak population: 23,400

My legs are happy to be so close to freedom, but my heart longs to turn around and drive back home

This is our new home now.

This is our new life.

I look at what looks like to be my new school as we drive by. I can't help but feel a little excitement.

Back at our pack, I never got to go to school. I always had to do home school and private lessons, so I could learn to fight. Maybe now that I wasn't gonna be Alpha, I could finally just be a regular teenager that goes to parties and has friends.

I am snapped out of my thoughts as our car comes to a sudden stop in front of a pretty house. It is a decent sized cottage, but not as big as our pack house.

Our whole Pack wouldn't fit here, but I know we wouldn't be allowed to stay here together anyways. "Here we are!" My Father's Gamma says, putting on a brave smile for his wife and kids.

I unclick my seatbelt and open the door. A few large men exit from the house, talking to each other spritely as they make their way over to us.

Everyone save for me, files out of the car and respectfully greets them.

I make my way to the back of the car and take out my bag. I would greet them too, but my Father told me to go to the Alpha's house when I got here.

Consequently, I take my luggage and head toward the direction my Father's car went in.

I don't have to walk for long because just down the street, I see a very beautiful and lavish looking home. It is smaller, but much prettier than my old home. I know it is the Alpha's house because I recognize my Father's car in the front.

As I walk up, my Father is just stepping out of the car and is greeting our new Alpha. I set my luggage by the truck and come up besides my Father to greet the new Alpha and Luna. "Alpha James," greets my father stiffly, "so...nice to meet you in person."

Alpha James is a big man with a very broad frame. Unlike my Father, he has gentle eyes with his dominant and powerful appearance.

His wife, Luna Lilly, who stands besides him, is very much unlike her counter part. She shares a very bright and infectious smile. She is a short and frail woman. As I look at her I can't help but stare at her beautiful features: high cheek bones, soft pink lips, and a thin curved nose.

I would return her smile, but I know my Father would look down upon the interaction. I stay stone faced as she smiles at me. I don't want to ignore her, she seems very nice, so I curtly nod to her in greeting.