Pillow fight

River's POV

I glance down at my covered wrist again, hoping to make sense of Logan's actions hours before.

It still stings a little, but I think the bleeding had stopped.

Why had he cared?

He said it was because I am part of his pack, but my Father never cared about anyone in our pack, so why would any other Alpha?

I know my Father isn't the best representation of an Alpha, but he is all I have really.

The teacher drones on about something I learned ages ago as I continue to think about Logan.

We did hate each other, right?

Our packs have for ages and they are making me wear this stupid bracelet.

A rush of anger fans over me as I remember how Logan's Father had been unrelenting about the bracelet. I feel anger towards my Father too. How could he agree to something like this?

The worst part wasn't the pain.

It was knowing I couldn't defend myself. Knowing I was weak. Everything my Father saw me as.

As if this whole ordeal hadn't been enough, he just had to go and make it worse.

I rub my forehead in frustration.

I want my title back. Well, it isn't really about the title. It was about the power, the respect, the responsibility.

Being an Aloha or a Luna is who I am.

It is my identity and I want to crawl out of my skin without the title. It is after all, just a title. I would always bare the blood, but it is like my name. It is just a word, but one that described me as an individual.

I have trained my whole life to be a leader and now, I am nothing.

You could challenge Logan's Luna?

No.

I don't want to tear mates apart.

I saw how the loss of my Father's mate destroyed him and this pack. I won't do that to Logan or his pack either.

Logan is gonna be Alpha soon.

The bell rings loudly, pulling me from my thoughts.

I stand as chatter breaks out and I rush down the corridor.

I can't wait to go home and lock myself in my room.

I burst out the front door, hoping to get to Logan's car quickly, so we can leave when I slam into something.

"Woah. Someone is excited to be leaving," a familiar voice teases. I step away from Alpha James hesitantly.

"Oh, River," he says awkwardly as he realizes it is me. I watch him carefully and we eye each other closely. "How's your arm–"

"It's fine," I snap at him with a renewed anger.

How could he have the audacity to ask some thing like that? Of course it wasn't fine, its better kind of, but he didn't know Logan helped me.

I rush down the school steps, anxious to be away from him. Adrenaline courses through me and I want to fight.

Fighting an Alpha isn't a good idea though right now because I can't shift. I rush away to stop myself from lashing out more.

I see Logan's car at the front of the school, but I don't stop there I keep going till I am at the tree line on the opposite side of the parking lot.