Possessive

River's POV

I sit on Luna Lilly's couch and stare down at Logan.

My mate.

His breath comes in and out evenly as I play with his hair. My hands shake as I pass my hands through his hair. A frown mares my face as I sit there.

What am I doing?

How has this happened?

One minute, I'm sneaking downstairs, so I don't have to intermingle with Logan's pack members. The very next, I'm mated to Logan, my nemesis.

Well, I guess we had decided we weren't enemies, and I decided I kind of like him, but...

I decided I liked him when I thought this whole crush/romance thing would be for only a day.

Now it is forever though.

Logan is my... mate.

I sigh and rub my face in frustration.

Am I happy about this new revilement?

Maybe...

It is happening all so fast though. One week I'm loosing my Alpha position and the next I'm pretty much back in it.

Will this create problems with us?

Me being so... dominant?

My brain runs in circles around myself. On top of all my confusion, I can't help but feel guilty.

I hadn't meant to hurt him, but he had meant to try and mate and mark me in front of his whole pack.

A blush runs over my cheeks as I remember the event. I fight to get the stupid teenage girl feeling out of me, but the blush continues to run through me.

The pack is still eating breakfast in the other room as I sit with Logan and his parents.

I don't know what I am gonna tell my Father. I haven't spoke to him today at all and he won't be pleased I was mated to another alpha because that means I would be a Luna, a second in Command.

I would be lucky though if Logan didn't reject me once he became rational. He has just been driven by his instincts, but when he is conscious, will he still want me as much?

My heart clenches at the thought.

I don't even know what I want any more. Do I want to be his mate? I know I sure as hell wanted to be Luna, but do I want to be his Luna? Do I have a choice?

Logan stirs on my lap and his eyes met mine. "Mate," he whisper. A small smile spreads on his lips and he sits up and looks at me intently.

"Hey," I greet quietly as my face fights between a frown and a smile.

His hand traces my face and he touched his forehead to mine. "I didn't try to mark and mate you in front of everyone did I?"

"I'm afraid so," I say with a small laugh.

Damn him and his gentle touch and sense of humor.

Logan groans loudly and rubs the back of his head. "I can't believe you hit me," Logan says, completely making me forget I'm between angry and confused.