Welcoming You

Step into my life. Come walk through the hallways of my damaged childhood, almost cut too short. Run your hand down the white walls and become familiar with the smooth surface I've pressed my body up against for years. Lay on the bathroom floor with me and we can recreate my worst memories that still scream in my head. Hold me in case I start shaking and sobbing. Take a step into the basement and try to find your way through the smoke. There's been many late nights down here, and I want to take you on the journey. Grab a drink from the fridge, but watch what it is, because you might find yourself in a situation you can't get out of. As long as you don't end up silently sobbing to your best friend after she's seen the marks on your face, everything should be okay. Sit in my living room and take in the scenes of many chaotic nights from my past. Look back on the parties and all the money that we didn't have enough of to pass around. But most importantly, take a moment to visit my bedroom. Fall backwards onto my bed and feel the weight of the world crashing onto your chest. Stay there and take in everything. Imagine, if only for a minute, how hard I'm fighting to hold myself together.