Chapter 10

During lunch, I sat with Maeno and Aemi. We grew more acquainted as they talked about how they first met. Aemi is starting to open up more, I'm happy. Maeno was already an open-type of person, Aemi kinda reminds me of my brother.

After school, Araya pulled me out to the car, she told her chauffeur to call my parents and let them know I was at her house. The whole ride there she was telling me about her toys and her house. When I told her to stop she continue likewise. I shut up and ignored her only for her to pout at me to look at her. If you really think about it she kinda resembles a dog. Excited to get attention and mad when it doesn't.

Upon reaching her home, she dragged me into a Victorian styled mansion. Once you opened the door you can she a grand staircase. Up we go into her room. She slowly pulled out her toys and showed me one by one. I asked where her parents were and she responded at work. She was an only child. I'm starting to get why she brags a lot, she just wanted attention. Maybe I was too quick to judge.

I took this moment to tell her about my conditions of being my friend. Since she's young and lonely I'll take this to my benefit.

“Yone-sama, do you know what it's like to be friends”

She nodded and told me that I should just follow her and listen to her.

“Ahahaha, wrong.”

She looked offended asking “What?!?”

“A friend is someone you can talk to, a friend is someone who you can rely on. What you're asking for is a follower”

“Then be my follower”

“What, no. If you want you can be my follower”

She face started to get red as she shouted “Never! I'm richer than you so you be my follower”

“You're not richer than me. Your parents are~”

She became speechless and stomped off. It took her 5 minutes to come back and ‘compromises’ “Since you don't wanna be my follower and I don't wanna be your follower we are friends”

I decided to follow her lead and asked “what's a friend?”

Looking all proud she declared that “A friend is someone you can talk to, someone you can rely one”

“Don't you already have friends at school?”

She took awhile but responded with a statement, “They are my followers”

“So I'm your only friend?”

“Yes.”

“Then as my friend can I call you by your first name?”

“...yes” her face is glowing red, isn't that cute.

“OK Araya-san, call me by my name too, it's Lilac”

“L-Li-lac-sama”

“OK try again without the -sama this time”

“Li-lac-san”

“Better but how but one more time”

She shouted “Lilac-san!”

I laughed, this is way to cute. As the day progressed she got more comfortable, she calls my name without worries and we began to talk about our interest. Her interests weren't that surprising, it was anything that costs a lot. We moved on to guys and she went on and on about Yanai Ryou, saying that he is her prince charming. She asked who I liked and I told her no one. All the guys are to young for me and if I started to date an older person, they might end up in jail. My options are very limited. I'll find love someday but not now.

When her parents came home, they were polite and a little closed off. They were a little taken back when they heard us address each other but nevertheless they accepted it, we are kids after all. My parents came to pick me up along with my brother. We ended up eating at their house. My parents got along with her's  and told me I could visit any time I liked. Overall it was an exhausting day. I fell asleep the moment I got home forgetting my resolution of working out.