To New Beginnings

Yeah. Typical I know, the new girl in school. But don't get me wrong, I wasn't the dorky or "rebellious" type. Nor was I the new queen bee. But I was hoping for some status of popularity, not that it mattered, but I always thought I'd look back at high school and think about my perfect high school boyfriend and our perfect relationship. Little did I know that's not what Woodbury High School had in store for me at all.

I walked in confident my first day, staring at people and giving them a warm smile, hoping to get someones attention for a potential friend. Well, I definitely got someones attention...more like the schools known lacrosse jock/weed junkie, Dylan O'Brien.

I remember passing by him that first day and locking with his red, swollen eyes. I'll never forget the crooked smile he gave me when he first saw me, and how his buddies walked behind him, each begging for his attention. It was slow motion, that moment. I remember so distinctly on certain days, but others I remember it like a hazy dream. 

It all started that same day after school, when I was approached by him and his messy brown hair with his long sideburns.

"Well well well," he said to me, licking his wet lips. "Looks like we have new bate here." he finishes, with a raspy undertone. 

"Did you really just say that to me? Dude this isn't high school musical, I really don't think anyone uses the expression 'new bate'." I impressed him with my feisty comeback.

"Oh-ho sorry. Didn't know you had a preference on what I called the new girl in town." he says, scanning me up and down with his chocolate eyes. Just by the intimate way he looked at me, it already sent chills up and down my bony spine. He had this massive sex appeal that literally just makes you want to shove him up against the locker and kiss every mole on his long neck. I had to literally calm myself down, knowing that I've only spoken two words to this guy.

"It's not that I have a preference. I just expected more of a heart-stealing remark from the highly praised team captain. Ya know?" I say, closing my locker. He leans on the set of lockers, one hand on the strap of his backpack and leaning with his shoulder as I turn around and walk away. I felt his eyes on me as I exited the hallway, and as I looked back, there they were, those eyes were locked on my ass of course. I flared my eyebrows, letting him know I caught his little staring contest with my rear end. 

He licked his lip and let out a nervous giggle. And that was the beginning of the end...

SINCE my mom was late picking me up, I sat on the stairs of the front of the school alone waiting for her to come. Luckily I was approached by this blonde girl, she was a cheerleader. She came and sat next to me, introducing herself.

"Hey! I'm Liz--well Elizabeth but everyone calls me Liz." she says with a smile. I greet her back with a warming expression. "Hey, I'm Naomi." 

"Oh my god I literally love your name." she says. "Thanks! And also you literally just rescued me. Even though it's my first day I was totally sending out loner vibes." I say with a giggle.

"You?!? No way. If anything you're probably intimidating to other girls cause of those looks girl." I laugh with her, relieved that I may have just made a friend. 

"So I see you caught Dylan's eye today." she says to me with a nudge. At first, I didn't even know who she was talking about, but I realized that Dylan was probably the guy eye fucking me at my locker today.

"Oh is that his name? Dylan?" I say cluelessly. "Yup. Dylan O'Brien. Also probably the most charming fuckboy to ever lay a foot in this school." 

I nod my head at her comment. "Yeah, I figured the fuckboy part just by the way he was looking at me today."

"Yeah, just be careful not to get sucked into his little game. He's hot as hell, but definitely does not have good intentions...trust me I would know." she says with a bit of a frown.

"Oh no, did Liz get sucked into his little game?" I say with a sarcastic tone. "Well believe it or not, it wasn't just Liz, it was more like the entire fucking cheer team at once." Liz says to me with her eyes widening. 

"Oh shit." I respond. I knew he was a player, but I didn't imagine him to be that bad. For whatever reason, that turned my dumbass on even more by him. 

"Question though." I say curiously. "What's up?" Liz responds. "Half the time I saw him today, his eyes were literally so red. I'm guessing he was high or just has really dry eyes ha." I say.

"See that car over there?" Liz says, pointing across the street to a bass-thumping black Dodge Challenger with gallons of smoke exiting the window. I nod at her question.

"That's him and that's his car. He's a complete stoner." she informs me. "Wow that's a lot of fucking smoke!" I say, almost impressed.

"Yup. He definitely smokes a lot. I mean I've seen him with cigarettes a couple of times, but mostly weed." 

"Well shit, it literally looks like his cars fuming." Liz nods her head at my remark. Suddenly I hear the loud engine in the dodge ignite, as Dylan's smoking car wisps past us, probably going somewhere around 80, and running a stop sign. I heard that engine from a long distance, imagining Dylan with his thumping music and a blunt. Wow my heart fluttered just thinking about it.

"Got a thing for bad boys?" Liz knocks me out of my trail of Dylan thoughts. "Y-yeah, I guess you could say that."

_________________________

EW EW EW EW IK MY WRITING SUCKS BARE WITH ME GUYS OKAY? FIRST CHAPTER THO! DO YOU LIKE WHERE THIS IS HEADING :)? COMMENT BELOW