If Only...

My second day was more of a relief. Liz had invited me to sit with her at lunch so I didn't have to worry about sitting alone or anything. The only obstacle I faced was Dylan...again.

Starting my day in the morning, I was at my locker switching notebooks when he approached me once more. 

"So I didn't get a chance to catch your name yesterday." He says, leaning on the lockers next to me. My heart jumped hearing his voice again, his presence gave me goosebumps each time.

"Naomi." I say dismissively, slamming my locker and making direct eye contact. I tried to keep my cool, but honestly I'm not sure how well I was doing with the way I got lost in those caramel circles.  

"Naomi huh? Cute." He says, eyeing me again like he did yesterday. "So then, what's your name?" I ask, playing it cool.

He grins, looking to the floor. "Oh please Naomi, don't be naive. I know you know my name," he says, inching closer to me. My breathe increased, praying he wouldn't notice.

"W-what?" I ask, damning my stupid stutter. Fuck, he knew I was nervous. "I said, I know you know my name," he says, lowering his tone as he got closer. My heart couldn't even take the speed it was beating at.

"I mean come on, you've been at this school for more then a day. My name is in everyone's mouth constantly. Surely, by now, you must know more then my name, you in fact probably know much much more about me then I know about you..." he says, lingering his last word. 

I gulp. He was right, I did know much more about him. He was definitely smart, at least at reading my emotions. 

"But, no worries, this can be fixed." he says, raising an eyebrow. He pulls out his phone, tapping a couple times on the screen and handing it to me.

I grabbed it, confused as to why I was taking his phone. "Write your snapchat username for me....so I can learn more about you." he says with a charming smirk. 

I wanted to throw is phone on the floor and break it to stop myself from giving into his damn charm. But I couldn't. So I rolled my eyes, still trying to act relatively chill, and entered my user. 

I hand him back my phone as he puts it back in his pocket. He winks at me as he walks backwards, still keeping eye contact before finally turning around and catching up to his other fuckboy friends.

I had literally just been willingly manipulated into giving my snapchat to the biggest asshole in school. I knew this would end badly, but I craved the danger his presence made me feel.

LUNCH went alright. I'm not gonna lie, I definitely kept an eye out for Dylan. I mean, I didn't want to hook up with him or anything, but staring wouldn't do any harm...right?

"So!" Liz says. "The girls and I think you should totally try out for the cheer team!" the other cheerleaders nod their heads eagerly, trying to convince me to join.

"Ummm I'm not sure, I mean I gotta admit I'm not the best at cartwheels or anything." I say. 

"Oh come on you'll be fine. You can do the regular routines that most of the other girls do anyway! No flipping or cartwheeling required." another cheerleader named Claire said with a smile. 

I agreed to try out for the team, slowly feeling like my life was drifting into a stereotype....literally.

AFTER lunch passed, I sat in my boring math class as my teacher went over the syllabus he gave us yesterday. He lectured us on how we're juniors and we need to take this year more seriously for colleges and blah blah blah.

In the midst of this boring lecture, my phone buzzed from a snapchat from Dylan. My heart fluttered seeing his notification on my phone, even though I knew he was just trying to play me.

Snapchat Convo:

Dylanob24: what's up?

Me: Um...I'm in class lol? Aren't you?

Dylanob24: Nahhh I'm out back smoking

Me: Well good for you. Stop buzzing my phone Im trying to pay attention.

Dylanob24: Care to join me instead?

Me: Ha you wish

Dylanob24: Oh come on it'll be fun. I can take you for a ride and show you a little around town since you're new here

Me: Hmmm lets see, leave in the middle class of class so I can jump into a high stranger's car so he can "show me around town?" yeah no thanks I'm fine

Dylanob24: Ask to go to the bathroom 

Me: why???

Dylanob24: cause I'm waiting outside for you I wanna see you in person

Me: oh for fucks sake NO

Dylanob24: I just wanna tell you something, can you please just ask?

I gave into him--again. I politely raised my hand, asking to be excused and snuck my stuff out with me...a part of me knew I wasn't coming back to class.

I went outside the school where Dylan was standing there waiting for me outside his Dodge.

"What?" I say, irritated. "What was so important for you to drag me out of class?" 

He smiles. Oh god, that damn smile. "I just wanted to see your face." he says, almost genuinely. 

I roll my eyes massively. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Oh come on. You wouldn't have came out here if you didn't know you were going somewhere with me," he says, opening his car door. "So, are you coming?"

I went into his car that reeked of weed, not even thinking straight

I went into his car that reeked of weed, not even thinking straight. It wasn't like me to give into guys the way I was giving into him. I knew he was a fuckboy, I knew he was a stoner, but for some reason, my heart pulled me to his like a magnet.