Ride or Die

Not gonna lie, Dylan's car was completely badass. Not only did it have the loudest roaring engine, but the design itself fit his personality. It was dark, fast and appealing.

I sat in the car, observing the black interior. "You like my car, huh?" he says, hopping into the drivers seat.

"Can't say it's not nice.." I say, trying not to be too excited to be in one of the nicest cars ever.

He laughs at my comment, starting the amplified engine. He plays with the exhaust a couple times, looking at me with his stupid smirk again. Each time he pressed the pedal, the car vibrated.

I look over at him, almost worried because I knew he was about to gas it. "You ready princess?" Oh god. He called me princess. Trying not get too turned on by this, I look slightly in his direction, "Let's see what you got O'Brien."

As soon as I say that he slides the car in "drive" and stumps on the pedal, accelerating our speed instantly. The engine roaring, accompanied by his thumping music already sent me on a high from adrenaline.

The wind got knocked out of me as the car's speed increased by the second. My mind was telling me to scream slow down, but my heart only wanted to go faster. "You okay there? Seem a bit worried.." he says, driving with one hand and lighting a cigarette with the other.

I didn't know what to do. Usually with guys I'm able to stand my ground, but with Dylan...it was different. He was too dominant, too enchanting.

"Worried? No way. I was actually going to suggest that you go faster." I say with a bitchy kind of tone.

"Oh really?" Dylan raises an eyebrow.

I was trying to show him that I wasn't too impressed, even though I was literally dying inside of infatuation. I look over at him as he puffed out a trail of smoke. His profile was perfect, long neck covered with moles, a curved nose with messy gelled brown hair and long sideburns running down his high cheekbones, he wore a black baggy 'Iron Maiden' T-shirt, showing off his skinny but muscular arms. He was like modern day James Dean, and you couldn't get enough of him even if you tried.

My thoughts of Dylan were interrupted by multiple sirens from behind us. "Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit shit." Dylan cussed.

"Are those cops?!?" I almost screamed, now I was losing my calm. "Fucking shit man." he cursed again, putting out his cigarette and stuffing it in the cup holder.

Instead of pulling over though, Dylan only went faster. "Dylan pull over!" I yell. "Hell no. I can't pull over!"

"Are you insane?!??" I scream, grabbing the holder on top of the window as I got bumped around in his car.

Dylan started taking sharp turns, drifting as the car's tires shrieked. There were three cop cars behind us bound to catch us.

"Dylan you need to stop this fucking car NOW!" I yell.

"Fuck no. I'm high and speeding. You want me to get arrested?" he says in an irritating tone.

"Honestly, yes! Then maybe you can give everyone a break at school you fucking immature bastard!" I was going off at him as a result of my nerves.

"Look at it like this honey, I stop this goddamn car, THEN WE BOTH GET ARRESTED!" He yells out, drifting from another turn. I was literally in the middle of a high speed chase, any minute I was expecting channel 6 news and a fucking helicopter to hover over us.

My breathe starts increasing, I wanted to cry. I was convinced this wasn't going to end well. I was convinced that my parents were going to get a call from the county jail today. I felt nothing but shame for skipping class and getting in a car with a stoner just because I let my emotions get to the best of me.

Suddenly Dylan spots an alley way that we were approaching so he gains more distance from the cops, turning into the alley way and losing them. He drives a bit more, slowing the engine and eventually stopping.

He lets out a giant sigh in relief, the starts laughing?? "Shit," he says breathlessly "that was fun."

I lost it. At that point, I had reached my boiling point. Not only did this idiot just get me into the most dangerous car ride of my life, but he called it fun??

"FUN?? FUN?? You think this was fun?? You could've gotten us killed!" I scream, Dylan was shocked at my tone.

"Well jeez Naomi I didn't. So you wanna calm down now?"

"Take me home. NOW." I yell. "Oh come on. There isn't even a single scratch on you! You're fine." he replies.

"Dylan I'm serious. Take me home. I don't want a stupid tour anyway."

He shrugs, backing out of the alley way. 

The only thing I said on the way there was my address. I didn't know what to do because I knew that I could've easily prevented this situation. 

We pulled up to my house, but I noticed Dylan was parking his car. "Why are you parking?" I ask him still in a bitchy tone.

"What...you're not gonna invite me in?" I look at him, raising my eyebrows after he said that. "My God Nae, where are your manners?" He called me Nae. No one had ever called me by that nickname before. I must admit, my heart fluttered at the sound of it,  but that's what he's trying to do--he's trying to get into my head. 

I step out of the car, not even saying a word as he followed me to my porch. "You're not coming in!" I finally snap. He lets out a lustful giggle, inching closer to me. He was taller then my by a whole head which made him even more dominant.

"We both know you want me to come in, Naomi." he says with a deeper raspy voice and his breathe brushing from my lips. I take a deep breathe, knowing every inch of me wanted to kiss him. 

I turn and open the door, letting him into my house alone.