Chapter One

HELLO PEOPLE! Thank you so much for opening my book HER ONLY CHANCE! I am here to let you all know that this is a very first draft and on my profile you will see that I have begun to publish the NEW version of Her Only Chance, which will be my official version!!! SO please instead of reading this unedited version, just click on my profile and add the new version!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!!!

Chapter One:

Something I have learnt was that you never know what you had until it's gone. When it's gone you feel a rush of adrenaline just before the pain hits you like a dagger stabbing into your chest, or a gun being continuously shot at you. You feel as if it will never end, as if you can't go on. But for some reason, I moved on, and I survived.

But surviving came at a cost. One I wasn't willing to pay. But I still did. But when I think back now, I don't think I would change it. Yes, there were still regrets about everything and I still cry myself to sleep at times. But that's expected.

What I went through . . . I couldn't wish that upon anyone.

It wasn't just horrific, it was everything. I walked through death, walked through heartbreak, I walked through betrayal, I walked through a city of ruins, I walked through unimaginable tests.

I survived against things you wouldn't even want to know. Things you couldn't even conjure up with your wildest imagination. But I still did.

But you want to know the worst of it all?

I only had one chance.

• • •

"World War II was the most widespread war in history, it directly involved more than one hundred million people from over thirty countries. The war lasted from September the first 1939 to September the second 1945 it although related conflicts that had begun before the actual war. During the six year war seventy three million people lost their lives being killed by rival countries." Mr Gretchen continued to elaborate on World War II but everything he said was a blur for me.

I stared out the window beside me into the empty courtyard where the trees swayed with the wind and leaves were rustled on the ground. It wasn't that sunny today. Everything was mostly grey because of the amount of clouds in the sky. It looked gloomy, like one of those days you wouldn't want to get out of bed.

It really is understandable for today to be gloomy, our lives are at fate for what is going to be decided later on, whether we will live, die, or even lose loved ones.

Mr Gretchen continued to ramble for the rest of the lesson about World War II and I tried paying attention to him but I just couldn't. I was tired and wanted to fall asleep, but when I tried doing so Gretchen had come up to my desk with a pile of books and slammed it beside my head making me shoot up like a rocket and where the class would usually laugh in hysteria to something like this everyone stayed silent.

Gretchen had asked if he was boring me like he does to every student who slightly drifts off, but I just told him no and he backed off reluctantly, even the teachers were on edge.

I hated how everyone was so weary today. Like one move could instantly strike problems which you wouldn't want to deal with.