Chapter Sixty Nine

A/n: UPDATE!
I will be having much more regular updates now that I am on holidays. I will be aiming to update once every three days, but that will depend on how quickly I can write the chapters. I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Sixty Nine:

I yawned as we walked quietly through the woods. The sun was rising around to the middle of the sky indicating that it was noon and still we walked through these treacherous woods. The screams slowly began to quieten around dawn as the sun began to rose. It gave me some assurance that we would not have to worry about the horrible creature as of right now.

Lucas walked along side me slowly as our bodies heaved and felt the pressure from all the running last night. I still felt it's affects from the scrapes along my arm and the numbing pounding pain in my head that has not relented since falling into the rock.

We were exhausted having no sleep, being awake all night. All I wanted to do was to drop but I forced myself to keep moving no matter how much my body begged me to rest.

I watched as the thick trees somewhat became thinner and hope began to gnarl within me along with my hunger as the approach of the end of the woods began to near. However, I was worried we would not making it out before nightfall.

We continued on, passing many bodies that littered the ground. I could never describe the smell, it consumed every part of me, the rotting of bodies and I felt tears well in my eyes every time I passed them.

It was terrible how so many had died so young.

I watched as the sun shone on Lucas's face and he closed his eyes as he welcomed it. His dark hair where usually was sticking out in many directions now laid plastered onto his head as it was drenched with sweat and blood from the night before.

Tiny little cuts peppered his face from the small bush he pulled us into and tiny insect bites loitered his arms as a result of the bush.

I watched as he breathed in deeply and out and continued to do so for another minute before he opening his eyes and stared straight ahead. "You know, its creepy to stare at someone for so long."

I felt my cheeks heat up before I quickly cooled them not allowing myself to become embarrassed. "I have a bone to pick with you."

"Really, do you now?" He faked shock as he turned towards me.

"I do."

"I wonder what for."

I closed my eyes briefly before opening them and staring at him as a grin grew on his face. "Are you a psychopath?"

"No," he replied fully knowing well that I was referring to his little knife trick last night that only proved to aggravate the beast. "I'd say I'm . . . creative."

"Yeah, pretty creative at making up different ways to die."

"I knew we wouldn't die."

"You could not have known that?" I exclaimed exasperated at this boys terrible logic.