Chapter Seventy Four

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!
I will be having much more regular updates now. I will be aiming to update once every three days, but that will depend on how quickly I can write the chapters. I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Seventy Four:

The day was long, it seemed to drag forever. It got really uncomfortable laying in the ditch with Lucas but eventually night fell after a day of both silence and talking as we waited for night and prayed to no to be discovered.

Unfortunately, when night fell we still could not do anything as the clouds of the day had drifted and left a mostly clear sky at night. The moonlight shone so brightly it was impossible to make our way across without being seen.

It was cold, and we shivered as we cuddled in closer to each other trying to get some extra warmth. It was not until around midnight that finally a large cloud that still lingered drifted towards the moon and we knew that we only had a small brief chance to make it out alive. But we still had to wait a little longer before we could go.

"You see over there," whispered Lucas from beside me as he pointed up at the night sky at a collection of stars. "That's the constellation Hercules."

"Where?" I asked leaning up a bit but he quickly raised a hand and placed it on my chest pushing me back down into the ditch as we laid side by side. I almost forgot about exposing myself.

He leaned half on top of me and pointed at a cluster of stars in the sky, pointing his finger above me so I could follow more easily where he was indicating. 

"It has the square in the middle," I followed is fingers action, connecting the stars. "And you see how on each point of the square there is a leg of stars that stretch out then again at the end of their point stretch to the left."

I nodded and smiled as I truly could see the shape constellation faintly in the distance, "I actually see it."

I felt his chuckle vibrate through me as he laid back beside me and sighed softly. I let my eyes wonder off of the beautiful constellation and turned to him. His eyes were wide as he took in the luminous night sky above us before eventually he felt my gaze and made eye contact with me.

There was a certain look in his eyes. A certain kind of softness that made my heart melt and made me feel warm inside. But there was now a sort of intensity as he kept eye contact with me and tilted his head slightly towards me.

I felt a faint blush rise to my cheeks for no given reason before I turned back to the sky and stared at the other constellations that Lucas had pointed out to me.

"How can you recognise so many constellations?"

I heard him softly sight beside me and for a moment there was silence and I thought he wasn't going to answer. Just as I had given up waiting for an answer a breath of cold air left him.

"My Ma," he replied and I turned to him to see a soft smile on his face.

"When I was a little boy she would always take me outside at any chance we got and we would lie on the grass together. Whether it was in the backyard, on a camping trip, on the beach, where ever we could. She would always make a big thing out of it, we would have a sort of midnight picnic and spend all night just staring at the stars as they made their journey across the night sky."