Favourite (Euron x maid!reader)

(This one isn't as good, I apologise. I will get back in soon and fix it up - add a bit more dialogue. I just wanted to give you guys an update!)

You were a maid in the Castle of Pyke. Younger than most, nearing her twenty first year of life and still unmarried. That was a point you felt strongly on - a woman didn't need a man to survive. Thus far, you had succeeded. With your hard work, determination and loyal service you had saved up quite a bit of gold. Keeping quiet on that matter, however, was of importance. If it was one thing the Ironborn were known for it was looting and that would mean your hard work would have been for naught. Presently you were on your sixth day of straight work, you were covering for one of the other women in the kitchens who had come down with an illness. Until she recovered you worked her hours, and your own. Since Euron had taken over the Islands and sat on the Salt Throne, he ruled with a sickly cruel tyranny. Balon was far more merciful and sensible and you could understand now why Euron was sent into exile. He had quite a temper on him, and enjoyed sick forms of taunting and torturing those he felt were worthy of it. This happened to be anyone who even looked at him sideways, and presently everyone was gathered in the dining hall, the large table filled with captains who diligently served under him. The maids had grown used to the drunken excitement and occasional brawls that filled this particular hall at the same time every single day - at least they had since Euron had assumed power. The maids were also used to the touchy treatment the men and guards gave when drinks were refilled, plates were set down or collected. You were no exception to this behavior and every time it occurred you handled yourself in a polite manner, declining their advances shyly. You played coy and the men loved it, and never once had you had a hand raised to you because of that. Despite being strong willed and a proud woman, you knew to pick your battles.  You were smart and for an Ironborn, the fact you could read and write was astounding. None of your actions or behavior went unnoticed by the salt king, the one person in particular whose hand you didn't want raised in your direction. You would never admit it aloud, for fear of reprimand, but he was attractive and also a smart man. You did find his dominating personality and brute strength endearing aspects of his otherwise thuggish personality and yet, despite all of this you did your best and always succeeded at hiding your feelings. You always approached with a polite and pretty smile, always rising to every task he asked of you and even often surpassing his expectations. It was because of your want to refrain from his admonishment that he had been calling on you more frequently for things. Changing his linens, drawing his bath, fetching him anything he would need during his council meetings and he'd even gone so far as to ask you to read him scrolls and letters from the ravens and messengers he'd receive. Initially you had pretended you couldn't read but that man was sharp and you supposed that was the reason for the nickname of Crow's Eye. He favored you, and the other maids were admittedly jealous but never said a word. Teamwork was one thing the women in this castle surprisingly came together on. Today he had been feeling out of sorts. Euron had remained mostly in his quarters for the better part of the day, and of course you as his favored maid were sent in place of all the others. You knocked on the large wooden door, receiving a grunt as response you opened the door and walked in with the bowl of cool water and cloths. Due to his slightly feverish forehead the maester had decided to have him washed down three times a day with cool water, the cold cloths on his head regularly changed, leaving him in minimal clothing and ensuring he drank plenty of water. There were a few he had problems with. Firstly, he had told you he was not a child, and that he had many a fever and beaten them easily. This was the only time you had talked back to him - stating that you had never seen a corpse so pale, let alone a breathing man and that if he wished to remain in power, these steps would be best followed. Secondly, he refused all fluid unless it were wine. He detested water but decided to make a game of it. If you sat at his side on the edge of the bed and fed it to him, he would drink it. 'Like a grown bloody child' you had thought, a joke even. Euron had other ideas and that man, coupled with his attractiveness and your want to prevent any disappointment in your services to the royal family of Pyke, led you to where you were now. You had given him a few cups of water before moving to wipe him down with the cold water. when you had leaned over him to wipe down the arm furthest from you he moved, too quickly for a man in his state but he had you pinned beneath him nonetheless. You had given in all too willingly at his advances, despite your morals and here you lay, your king's arms around you as the two of you lay together in a tangled mess in the sheets. Both of you were slightly sweaty but for partially different reasons. Your clothes were scattered to the drowned god knows where and yet he had you in a firm grip, arms sat around your waist with legs threaded together. He had mumbled a handful of things before he had slipped back into sleep, one of which was a demand that you stay until he woke. That could have been hours, seconds, minutes or days but he had asked and you had obliged, as his favorite maid you saw fit to do exactly that. But this awkward and abrupt arrangement had made you happy, despite the fact you might have taken advantage of his slightly weakened state. He himself was content to have such a pretty treasure close to him and eagerly willing to please him made him smile, chuckle even, at the thought. Before he had slept and before the two of you had fallen into one another's pleasure, he had laid his thoughts of you bare, calling you a treasure, HIS treasure and one he intended on forever keeping at his side. You hadn't quite thought he meant it but you had nodded and accepted all of his words and praises gratefully, happy that the one person who wanted you, now had you.