Why

I laid against the bed underneath me, not feeling an ounce of comfort as Jungkook rubs his thumb against my back. Whispering sweet nothingness in my ear in attempt to calm me down, but I can't. "It's okay doll, everything's fine. It's safe here, nothings wrong. Everything's fine." it's as if he's stuck on repeat, whispering the same things over and over again.

Every time his thumbs strokes down on my back I feel a cold shiver go through my body. I'm not okay with this. I wanted to speak up, yell at him, force him to let me go. But my words are stuck in my throat, feeling dry and unable to speak. He suddenly stops his movement and his words causing me to freeze up, what is he going to do? I feel weight lift off from the bed.

"I'll be back soon doll, I need to check on some things and get something for you to eat okay?" he sweetly says, his voice is like honey, poisonous honey. I don't respond, I only clench the sheets in hopes for him to leave already. He only sighs, his footsteps echo throughout the room and I could hear the sound of the door as his footsteps disappear.

With him finally gone I sit up, I take in the sight of my surroundings that was eerily dark. I could barely make out the big room in front of me, it was covered in a blanket of darkness. There were two doors on the opposite side of the room, beside the door one the left was a big drawer. Before I could step off the bed I listened closely to see if I could hear any sign of Jungkook still being around, nothing. I carefully step off the bed and make my way towards the drawer.

I tug on one of them, but it didn't budge. There was a lock on each one of them, besides from the bottom one. Curiously I crouch down and slowly open the drawer to immediately regret it. Inside of it was what for sure seemed like a black whip, it looked worn out. The faded red stains on it makes me suddenly feel cold and I quickly close the drawer not wanting to see it. My eyes then flicker towards the door in front of me, I didn't hear a click earlier so that must've mean the door was open.

Cautiously I walk over to it and place my hand on the handle, my hand shakes as I turn the knob. The door opens. My heart starts beating faster every second until the door was wide enough for me to peek through. Through the crack of the door I could see stairs leading up to a trap door and to the left a door which seemed to lead to same room as the other door in the room I was in. Before I stepped out the door I checked the other door and it lead to bathroom. I closed it and went back to the other door, opening it again.

"So you finally got out of bed doll?" the blood in my body freezes, in front of me was Jungkook with his eerie smile and a plate of food in his hand and a cup of water in the other. Out of shock I fall backwards onto the floor and he walks through the door chuckling. "Sorry did I scare you?" I had the urge to hit the man for his words when obviously he scared me. I didn't respond still and stayed on the floor, not making eye contact with him. I hear him set down the plate and the cup and feel his heat against me. When he places his hand on me I slightly jump, scared of what he would do. "[Y/n]..." his voice barely over a whisper. "Please ease up, it hurts me seeing you like this." I glare at him, finally making eye contact.

Though he didn't mind that I was glaring at him, he seemed to be happy. "You finally looked at me! That's a work in progress." he laughs lightly, it's as if we were back in high school with the sweet Jungkook, but we're not. He helps me up and leads me over to the bed. After I sat down he brings over the plate and the glass of water, handing it over to me. "You must be hungry right?" I slightly nod, not wanting to reject food.

I take the plate in my hand and slowly start eating, gulping down the glass of water as well. It helped get rid of the dryness in my throat I felt that I could speak again. As I finished eating I could still feel Jungkook's eyes on me. "Good job! You finished eating." he takes the empty plate away from my hands. He picks up the cup as well and leaves the room, I relax a bit, but he comes back in and I feel myself tense up again.

He seats himself right next to me, making the bed dip a bit. The silence makes me more uncomfortable and I have the sudden urge to speak. "Jungkook..." my voice was hoarse from not using it. I could feel him shift, I built up the courage to look at him again. He was looking at me with wide eyes that looked almost innocent, but I know he's no where near innocent.

"Yes doll? What is it?" he comes closer to me, placing a hand gently on my shoulder. "You can speak to me." his sweet voice slowly starts to crumble down the wall I built up against him.

"Why..." I try to find the words to say. "Why did you do this to me...?" his face softens and he starts rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want you to leave..." his voice sounded sincere, but I could feel rage forming in my stomach.

"Why didn't you want me to leave?" The words came out of my mouth easily this time, suddenly determined to get answers. To found out why I had to end up like this.

He stops rubbing my back and instead he caresses my cheek, making me shiver from his cold touch. "...because I love you [Y/n]... but you never really cared did you?" his voice had a hint of anger in it. But it didn't stop me from asking more questions.

"Why do you love me?" I asked. He freezes for a moment and then takes his hand back, looking away.

"That's a answer for another day." he mumbles. He stands up and starts to head for the door. Before he exited he looked back at me. "Have a good night sleep." with that he shuts the door, the sound of the lock could be heard.

~*~

It's the first year of high school, with new students, it means new people to bully for the kids that already resided in school. A skinny and petite looking boy lies down on the grass, his whole body aching from recently being beaten up. Blood runs down from his noise and fresh wounds, tears trickle down from his eyes. Then, a girl stopped in front of him.

"What happened to you?!" she yelled, running to the boys side and checking on his wounds. The boy lazily stares up at her, his fatigue too died down to even focus. She takes out a handkerchief and starts gently wiping away the blood on the boy. "Hey can you speak? Do you want me to take you the nurse?"

The boy shook his head side to side. "No..." he manages to speak. The girl doesn't question him and just nods. She takes out bandages from her backpack and starts to apply them to the cuts on the boy. The boy admires the girl as she does this. "Why are you helping me? Everyone usually just walks pass me.."

She snorts. "Well all the good children are at the opening ceremony right now." The boy tilts his head.

"Then why aren't you there?"

The girl hums. "Cause' I'm late." she finishes up with the last bandage and stand up, extending her hand out towards the boy. "Come on, we don't want to be anymore late than we already are." she smiles. The boy, feeling allot more better takes her hand and gets up on his feet. "I'm [L/n] [F/n], what's your name?" she asks.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook..."

"Well it's nice to meet you Jungkook! Now let's go!" [Y/n] starts tugging on Jungkook's hand, leading them towards the auditorium. Jungkook feels himself start to smile, a feeling of warmth starts to spread out in his chest.

"It's nice to meet you too..."

A/N: I don't think I have any readers on here but eh oh well. This story didn't meet it's vote quota on here but on Quotev it did, so I'll be updating this story every Wednesyday. :)