Act 1: Scene 2

The pair had been scouring the streets for a few hours when Timothy finally turned up with a clue. A simple bag filled with invitations. It was found in an alley near a shop selling magical wares, ‘Brothers Atlas’.

Entering the store Nisha and Tim looked around. Everything ranging from burglar warding tins to ingredients to enchanted weaponry.

“Hey Welcome! Anything we Can help you with today?” The detectives both jumped a bit, startled by the shopkeep’s sudden appearance.

Nisha spoke up to the short man first. “Yeah. We’re investigators, searchin’ for a missin’ girl. We found a pack of letters by here. You hear anything last night?”

The Irishman shook his head. “Ma’am We’re set up on the east side. We hear everything at night every night." Nisha rolled her eyes at the short one’s sass.

“Alright, did you hear a little girl scream and get dragged away?”

“I don't think so, but I sleep like a log so let me go ask my brother” The man walked up into the back room.

“So Nisha. Where you think they get all this stuff?” Tim was inspecting a small ivory cat, some kind of luck charm.

“Don't really matter. Not like they got anything illegal in here. Not like we’re cops"

“Yeah but It’s still something to think about”

They heard bickering coming into the room. Accompanying the short one was a tall one. Silver arms and an eye patch.

“Hey, investigators? Who you working for?”

“Private investigators. We don't give that info out. Anyway We’re looking for a missing girl. You hear anything like her getting captured last night”

Tall one shook him head.

“Sorry Ma’am. Last night was pretty quiet”
Nisha grunted annoyed.
“Alright boys. Thank you for your compliance “
Before Tim could further question the pair Nisha ended the conversation and lead them out.

Tim stumbled behind her as they left.
“Woah slow down- Why’d you leave so soon? We didn’t even get to question them”
Nisha kept walking, not missing a beat.
“1. You really think those boys would have taken her? 2. You really think that if they did, they’d tell us anything and 3. There more shops around to question. Let’s not waste our whole day in one location, otherwise we might as well not look for the girl. “

Tim thought about it, and nodded. As they Headed into the next store, a place Called Scooter’s Steam Stables.