Chapter 12 and 13

The guests and hosts entered the blue and white Nut Sorting Room as the familiar sound entered Y/n's ears. A squirrel noticed their presence and ran up Y/n's arm as it asked for her undivided attention.

"Hey, (Squirrel/ Name)!" Y/n greeted as the squirrel seemed to get excited when its name left her mouth in that sweet honey-like voice.

Mike seemed to be a little scared as he was slowly inching away from the squirrel.

"Nothing's wrong with him," Y/n said as she petted the squirrel's soft fur.

Mike hesitated before he slowly pet the squirrel as the squirrel welcomed the two hands that were grooming its fur. But, reluctantly, the squirrel returned to its work station.

"Squirrels!" Veruca said.

"Yeah! They are specially trained to get the nuts out of the shell." Willy said proudly.

"Why use squirrels? Why not the Oompa Loompas?" Veruca's dad asked.

"Because only Squirrels can get the whole walnut out almost every single time. You see how they tap each one with their knuckles, to make sure it's not bad?" Willy Wonka asked.

"Look!" Y/n said. "That squirrel has a bad nut. They pretty much just throw it away." Y/n explained.

"Daddy, I want one of those squirrels. Get me one of those squirrels." Veruca said.

"Veruca, you have many marvelous pets." Her dad said.

"All I got is a pony, two dogs, four cats, six bunny rabbits, two parakeets, three canneries, a green parrot, a turtle, and a silly old hamster," Veruca said in one breath.

Wow! And she said that so quickly. And also like that wasn't enough for her. I knew spoiling kids are a bad idea, Y/n thought.

"That's a lot of pets and she's still not satisfied?!" Mike whispered to Y/n, sending shivers down her spine as she forced herself to reply.

"Seems so." Y/n replied.

"I want a squirrel!" Veruca said.

"All right, Pet! Daddy will get you a squirrel just as soon he possibly can." Veruca's dad said giving in.

"But I don't want any old squirrel. I want a trained squirrel." Veruca said.

"Very well." Her dad said.

"Mr. Wonka? How much do you want for one of these squirrels? Name your price." Veruca's dad said.

"They're not for sale. She can't have one." Willy answered.

"Daddy!" Veruca said.

"I'm sorry, darling. Mr. Wonka is being very unreasonable." Willy said, imitating how her father might talk to Veruca as Mike and Y/n stifled their chuckle with their mouth.

"If you won't get me a squirrel, I'll get one myself!" Veruca said.

She then squeezed through the bars.

"Veruca." Her dad said to stop her.

"Little girl?"

"Veruca come back here at once! Veruca!" Her dad said.

That was when Y/n realized that... Veruca was walking toward (S/N)!

"Veruca, no!" She yelled to the spoiled child.

All the squirrels turned their heads to Veruca when Y/n yelled since they sensed danger was on the way.

"Veruca! Don't you get it! They're watching you!" Y/n yelled.