First day of school

I officially survived my first weekend as a Wayne. But now it's Monday which means it's time for a new school. I laid in bed, contemplating whether or not I should get up.

"Hey Kid, it's time to get up," Jason called from the door. I let out a small moan of protest. "Well, I tried."

"Jason!" I hear Dick yell at him. "Carrot you need to get up. Remember what we told you last night, you won't be too far from any of us. We're just a few classrooms apart." I hear dick try to encourage me out of bed.

"Boys go eat breakfast, please. I think me and Pax need to talk." I hear Bruce say and then the door closed. My eyes widened in fear.

"I'm up, I'm up, I'm sorry!" I say racing to get untangled from the blankets. However, in my act of panic, I ended up falling off the bed and landed hard on the floor at Bruce's feet. He bends down and placed me back on the bed.

"Calm down, it's ok. I know your scared and nervous to have to start a whole new school. I remember when I first told Dick he had to go to school. You see he grew up in a circus so he was homeschooled. He was nervous and scared. But he made a few friends. I'm positive you're going to meet someone who is going to be your best friend." Bruce smiled.

"Master Lee says you can only be your own best friend. If not, no other friendship will last."

"That's a smart master. When do you go see him?" Bruce asked.

"I don't. I don't get to go train while in homes. I wish I did, I love training. It helps a lot."

"Would you like me to train you? I'm a master in many forms of martial arts." Bruce looked me in the eyes.

"Really? Will you teach me to use the Kamas?" I asked feeling excited.

"I will try, but you have to listen and do everything I say. There are rules for training." I smiled widely.

"I will, I will! Thank you!" I jumped and hugged him around the neck. He hugged me back before telling me to put my uniform on and to get ready. The uniform for the lower classmen girls was a white T-shirt, dark blue vest, a matching blue skirt, and Kneehigh pure white socks. I slipped on my black flats that the girls had picked out yesterday. I brushed my teeth and hair and put my a bit of hair in a small ponytail to keep out of my face. I walked down the stairs and find the kitchen quickly, smiling at my ability to memorize the path.

"Good morning Ms. yogurt again?" Alfred asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I smiled.

"Look who's up and ready." Dick smiled walking in. He helped me up on the stool.

"Were people mean to you? When you started school?" I asked him taking a bite of strawberry yogurt.

"Yes, I did. I got called names like gypsy, clown, freak, charity case."

"There's something we all got called," Tim added walking in with Damian.

"Even me. When they found out I was his birth son my mother was suddenly a hooker." Damian shrugged.

"Yeah and then you stabbed the poor kid with a pen." Tim retorted remembering the memory.

"Well, don't talk about my mother like that." He glared.

"Who is your mom? Why doesn't she live with Bruce?" I asked.

"Something called date rape." Damien shrugged.

"What?"

"Damian!" Dick yelled covering my ears. "Not every child needs to be as corrupt as you!"