Beauty and Pain

"left, right, left, eyes on me. you're small, use it to your advantage." Bruce ordered. we were in the work out room. I slid between his legs and pulled his legs with him, causing him to fall.  "good, you're learning." Bruce smiled. I gave him a hand up. its been about a week since Mark came and again things have changed. the boys still leave for emergencies but bruce stays behind with me. we use this time for training and practice. the boys come home early a lot now too. they help me too. dick helps me with my gymnastics and balance and Jason helps me aim at targets and shoot. I'm getting good at archery.  Tim helps me with homework and Damian makes a good sparring partner. he's only slightly bigger than I am and has a lot more training than I do making beating him a lot more rewarding.

"carrot, you ready for tightrope?" dick asked walking in. I looked at Bruce who nodded. I stood up and climbed up the ladder. I wasn't too high up, maybe dicks shoulders but I had to center my gravity and focus.

"ok, that's good. you're doing great Pax. you're halfway there!" dick encouraged. "its ok, take your time-"

"Grayson! did you take Titus for a walk?" Damian demanded startling. I lost my balance but luckily dick caught me.

"No, Damian, I didn't. your pet your responsibility." Dick glared. Ace was the stray that Damian found the other day and Bruce let him keep him. dick placed me down and I went back to the start. I was nearly to the end when a dog came barking in, chasing a cat. the dog ended up tripping dick who grabbed hold of me and brought me down with him.

"Dammit, Damian!" I yell, angerly. "get your stupid pets out of here!"

"do not speak of Titus and Pennyworth like that twit!" Damian yelled at me, running in to pick up his cat.

"I'll speak however I want! those things just made me fall nearly six feet!" I yell at him.

"did they make you fall or was that just your horrible skill?"

"I'm still better than you,"I yell.

"ha! don't make me laugh!"

"how can I? you have no sense of humor!"

"who needs humor when you have skill?"

"too bad you have nither!"

"I have more skill than you do!"

"prove it hotshot!" he dove angerly at me but I front flipped over him. I landed on my feet. yes!

"there you go! I told you you'd get the flip." dick smiled.

"You're not helping Greyson!" Damian growled.

"I'm not in the mood to fight you, Wayne. I just want to get across the stupid line." I say rolling my eyes.

"Apologize to them at once!" He ordered. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry... your owner doesn't know how to keep you out of the workout room."

"Hey! I will end you Midget! I swear!" He threatened.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I smirk walking back to the start of the rope. He was streaming with anger and annoyance which was oddly pleasing.

"Father I demand you get rid of her at once! She keeps insulting my pets!" Damien whines to his father.

"How are you supposed to be the older one between us?" I asked trying to focus on my balance.

"Pax apologize to your brother," Bruce ordered.

"Make him apologize! It was him and his animals that messed me up twice. I could have died!"