Emergencies

When the other boys got home Dick was all over me, trying to make sure I was ok, trying to make me happy and smile.

"Dick I'm fine! It doesn't hurt!" I say growing slightly annoyed by him.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to have Alfred look at it again? It could be something worse."

"Dick I was once beaten within an inch of my life. He gave me three broken ribs and broke my arm in three different places. I survived that I think I will survive a little black eye. The kid doesn't even punch right." I scoff. "Now please! I'm trying to figure out how to multiply fractions!"

"The numerator is on top, remember that," Tim said leaning over my shoulder. I let out an angry growl as I aggressively erased my work.

"When am I going to be using this in life anyway," I asked.

"It's called school. Everything you learn is useless." Jason said snagging a cookie from the plate Alfred had made.

"Don't listen to him, he sleeps through all his classes." Dick glares at the second oldest. "Don't pollute her mind."

"I will do what I want when I want." Jason glared back.

"If you two imbeciles are done we are trying to study!" Damien yelled at them. "Now Drake, X would be 6, correct?"

"You forgot to add two to the 12 so it's really 7," Tim replied.

"Impossible!"

"Plug it back in and see." He said working on his own work.

"Hows the homework coming?" Bruce asked walking into the kitchen.

"Math is useless," Damian grumbled.

"I know it feels like that but trust me it is," Bruce said patting his sons back.

"Can we take a break?" I begged.

"I know it's not your fault you're so far behind pax, but it's your responsibility to do all you can to catch up. I know you're smart enough." Bruce encouraged but I just sighed. Suddenly there were 5 loud beeps. "On second thought, it's getting late, why don't you go play in your room. Take a break." Bruce said, "boys come with me." Tim and Damian placed down their pencils and all 4 of them followed Bruce out of the kitchen. It was suddenly eerily quiet. I sighed and slid out of my seat. When I looked in the hall they were gone. "I wonder what they're doing." I made my way to my room. It wasn't as empty as it was my first night. My closet was full of clothes and a bookshelf full of books lined a wall and a tv hung on the wall. I sat on my bed and clicked it on.

"-Riddler holds all of Gotham Hospital captive. He says he will only release the patience if someone answers his riddles and Batman is nowhere to be found." The newswoman read off. The Riddler? I've heard of him I think. "The riddle goes, 'They try to beat me, they try in vain. And when I win, I end the pain.' Please, If anyone can find the answer please call the number below." They try to beat me, they try in vain...

"Death! It's death!" I scream. I scramble off my bed and search the house for a phone. I searched and searched but I couldn't find one. Finally, there was one in the kitchen and it was ringing. I picked it up to hear Bruce's deep voice.

"Alfred I need you to come down to the cave, The Bat-cycle is acting up and we don't have time. The riddlers about to blow up the hospital."

"Bruce?" I asked highly confused. "Bruce the answer is death! It's death." I say quickly.

"Pax! What are you doing on this phone?" He asked anger clear in his voice.