Five stars

Chapter 24

I shot up in a bed that felt like a blowup pool. I rubbed my eyes and blinked clearing the blurriness of the bright room. I saw Clark in the corner of the room propping his head up on his knee.

"Clark? Where am I?"
"Rehab."

The word shuttered me. I couldn't possibly be here. Was the hit that bad?

"Autumn?"
"No Taylor she's on her way here. She just texted me. She's really worried."
"What? Why is she worried?"
"Dude do you not remember where you are? Rehab. Dude rehab. It's all my fault."
"I know that. Why so you keep saying that?"
"Cause it is! You've missed half of college! I can never make up for that!"
"What?!? How long have I been here?"
"This is actually the first time you've woke up since I hit you. We thought you had a brain concussion..."
"Dude I don't know half of what happened so it's okay. I'm okay."

He came over to the bed and I shut my eyes again feeling a deep pressure. My eyes rolled back and I fell backwards onto my pillow.

"Nurse it's happening again!"
"Get him in! Wait are you his girlfriend?" Said the nurse pushing me onto the cart.
"Autumn! Your here! Thank God." Said Clark
"Yes I'm his girlfriend and where are you taking him!?!? He doesn't do good in situations like this! I need to be with him now!"
"No please wait in the waiting room okay?"
"Ugh! Taylor! I love you!"

She ran up to my cart and kissed me on the cheek. I whispered pushing up with all my energy.

"I love you..."
"I love you most and your okay, your okay!"

I was pushed through series of doors banging wide open. I was apparently going to get a scan but no one has told me what's going on. So I'm clueless right at this moment.

"Doctor what's wrong?" Says a nurse sticking a half inch needle up my arm.
"He's got a major concussion. I didn't see how he could of lived that. Gosh he's a tough kid. Or man."
"So what are you saying doc?"
"He's going to have to go through major scans so go ahead."

My arm started tingling and it was numb before it covered my whole body. I wanted to tell Autumn I was okay. Why didn't I tell her? She's probably dying. Gosh my Autumn. I'm okay.