Five stars

Chapter 27

I wake up with the sound of my ear piercing alarm, and I jump out of bed and get everything ready that I have planned for today. I hop into my baseball pants, get in my jersey, and slide on my cleats. While I did this I thought to myself, am I going to live with Autumn for the rest of my life? Yes. I already have anyway.

"Gosh where'd that thing go? It was so expensive!"

I was talking about the ring I picked out for Autumn. Oh gosh. The words popped into my head. Her dad, I never talked to her dad! How could I have been so stupid? I'll just call him and see how that goes. Everything's going to be alright. Right?

"Hello? Is this Autumn's dad?"
"Yes? Oh is this taylor? what's up?"
"Sir I know this is a huge question but may I take your daughters hand in marriage?"
"Marriage?"
"Yessir."
"Huh, okay. You seem like a good kid, but treat her right okay? Nothing to suspicious!"
"Okay sir, I'll love her with all my heart and body."
"What?"
"Nothing. Ha."

That went well I guess. So after I drop my phone in my baseball bag I head out the door making sure I don't forget the ring.
Okay so here's my plan:

1) wait in the softball cages
2) say a lot of witty things
3) 'drop the bomb'

I read the plan over as I looked around in the cages. I'll just hide behind the lockers just as I once did when waiting for Autumn to get done with softball.

"Ouch! What was that?"

I look down and it was a stupid spider crawling up my leg. Great I'll become Spider-Man. Concentrate Taylor! I thought.

"Hey Taylor, whatcha doin'?"
"Fixing to say meaningful stuff that I have been waiting for my whole life to tell you."
"Go on."
"I love you Autumn. I love you more than I could ever say or do or even show you. I can't tell you how much these years we spent together have meant to me. I know this sounds so scripted but it's all coming from me. The baseballer you met when you first opened the door for me in 8th grade. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Autumn."
"Oh my Taylor your too..."

I was on my knees before she could finish her sentence.

"Do me a favor and make me the happiest person in the world. Be that rare chance."
"Ah! Yes! Yes Taylor! I love you!"

I kissed her harder than I ever have before. It just came out of me like "finally" and I just wanted to let her know that were one. I showed her too.