Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up with a pang of guilt. I shouldn't have left my dad like that. It was a very prickish move, but he should be more considerate.

I walked out of the door and realized, I have absolutely no clue where his food is.

I knocked on his door lightly. I heard him groan and roll over, hearing springs under his weight. He opened the door and looked down at me.

"Hey. What do you want?" He asked me.

"I want to know where you keep food and coffee." I stated in a stoic and stolid manner. A scowl replaced the smile I was just wearing.

All I could see was his head.

"Follow me." He groaned.

He stepped out of his door in nothing but shorts. I quickly diverted my eyes, scared he would catch me stairing. He laughed when he saw my face.

I gave him a quick smile.

In the kitchen he pulled down a bowls and box. He reached in the fridge and grabbed milk. He then grabbed coffee and creamer.

"Help yourself." He said, pointing at the counter.

"Thanks." I said. That was all I could manage. My words failed me and that one simple word come out in a squeak.

He laughed and shook his head, walking off.

When I thought I heard his door shut, I started lightly singing a tune I heard yesterday.

"Take a seat
Right over there
Sat on the stairs
Stay or leave
The cabinets are bare
And I'm unaware of
Just how we got into this mess
Got so aggressive
I know we ment all good intentions"
Suddenly I heard clapping.

I jumped and turned to see Clay clapping.

"You scared me!" I said.

He laughed and walked off to his room. I sat down and ate.

My teal hair was in a knotted bun on top of my head. I wouldn't say I was cute. Clay walked back out while I was sitting on the couch.

"Hey Violet." He said.

"Hey Clay." I replied.

He walked over and sat by me. I looked into his mesmerizing blue eyes. They were icy blue. I loved his eyes.

Snap out of it Violet!

I turned on the couch and leaned against the arm sitting Indian style facing Clay. I had a blanket over my lap and a robe one. I was wearing shorts a tank top and my horse slippers.

They were little paint ponies and super cute.

"So you like horses?" He asked.

I nodded looking at my slippers. My pink tank had a sparkly galloping horse on it.

"I do too. So.... are you single?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Why would such a pretty girl like you be single?" He asked. I blushed at his compliments.

"One, I just moved here, two, I had an abusive relationship last time and d ont want another one." I said.

Clay's icy blue eyes had a sad look in them.

"What did he do?" He asked.

"It's easier saying what he didn't do. He threatened to stab me and would best me for no reason. He would get drunk and come to my house when Mom was at work and beat me. He sent me to.... to.... th... the..... hospital." I said, starting to cry. I really had Bryan, the guy I left.

Clay scooted over to me and hugged me, his strong arms around my thin frame. I cried on his shoulders, his hand rubbing my back up and down. He looked down at me and sighed.

"Well, he was an ass and obviously didn't know what he was missing." Clay said, a smile on his face. I laughed and nodded.

I stayed in his arms a little while.

"Do you wanna go to the movies or something?" He asked.

"Sure, like a date?" I asked.

"Yeah...... like a date!" He said and smiled.

"Okay. Let me go change." I said and he nodded.

I wore a dress that hugged down to my belly button made of pink fabric and the skirt was just below my belly button and was gray and white horizontal stripes.

I wore pink sparkly pumps with a black leather jacket. I curled my hair in long curls that went down to my hips. I had a pinkish smokey eye and pink sparkly lipstick.

"Ready!" I called, running down the stairs.

"Oak....... You look gorgeous!" He said.

I blushed and walked over to the door grabbing my pink sparkly clutch with my money and phone in it.

He grabbed my hand and led me outside. I handed me a motorcycle helmet and I looked at him in confusion.

"What?" He asked.

"A bike helmet?" I asked.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you. We're taking my motor cycle." He said.

I mouthed out 'Oh', and smiled at him. He got on and put his helmet on and I got on putting the one on he loaned me.

I wrapped my thin arms around his waist and hugged close my head rested on his neck.

After the movie we went to dinner and then the park. We were sitting on the swings talking.

"So, why did you call me to come and get you?" He asked.

"Good question being I hardly know you.", I stated and sighed, "My dad..... He thinks I'm supposed to got to school and then home for him to drag me around every where. He doesn't want me to have friends, like guys, nothing. He thinks I'm not supposed to have fun and go to parties or anything." I finished.

He just nodded.

"I understand. I left my parents because of their violence and arguing. My dad would beat me. No telling what my brothers are going through." He said frowning. He looked as if he would start crying.

"I'm ready to go back to your place." I said. He nodded and walked over to his bike, me by his side.

We got on and the engine roared to life. I wrapped my arms around his waist again, this time I felt more comfortable.