Warm Welcome

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Author's POV:

After a long day of work, Mr. Normal pulls into his driveway before putting his foot on the break to press the button on the remote in his car, so that his garage door would open. As the large door pulls up to allow his vehicle entry, Cameron's storm grey eyes with light blue flecks wander over towards one of the windows on the house next door. The white blinds have been pulled up, letting him see his new neighbor unpacking boxes in her living room. He assumed she had been unpacking since morning, when she moved in.

'My, has she been working all day? She must be exhausted. Ah, I know! I should give her a housewarming gift! Yes, that's it. It's what any good neighbor would do.' A smile comes to his pale pink lips at the thought, his heart feeling lighter than air. Normal desperately wants to get close to the female, since he hasn't had much luck making friends. He's lived in this suburban neighborhood for a long time, and no one even bothers to engage in a friendly chat. Y/N, though, she's different. Not only had she spoken to him, but she actually seemed to enjoy his company. This might be his only shot, so he would welcome the opportunity with open arms.

Cameron drives his car into the garage and closes the door behind him after he parks. The car door opens, and the sharply dressed man steps out. After locking up the vehicle, the black-haired male enters his house through the white door that leads into the garage. Mr. Normal kneels down to remove his shoes before bringing them to the shoe rack by the front door, his white socks shielding his feet from the cold, wooden floor. Afterwards, he goes to his bedroom to hang up his black suit jacket, leaving him in his black slacks and white button up shirt. Cameron rolls up his sleeves to his elbows as he makes his way to the kitchen. Soft hums escape him as he turns on the tap to wash his hands in the sink. As he cleans up, he wonders what he should bring over to Y/N's new home.

'Ah! I know!' A smile comes to his face upon coming up with the perfect plan as he turns off the warm water and dries his hands with a clean dish towel.

'A pie should be perfect, but what should the filling be?' A soft hum escapes the man as he gazes around. He pauses when his grey orbs land on a fruit basket full of apples and smiles.

'Perfect.' Now knowing what he's going to make, Cameron gathers all the ingredients to bake his new neighbor an apple pie.

'I hope she loves apples as much as I do. They're my favorite, after all.' It certainly is his favorite fruit. Mr. Normal loves apples so much that he has green apple scented candles around his house. After his pie finishes baking, a loud rumble sounds from Cameron's stomach.

The man freezes upon hearing it. He had been so concerned with preparing the delicious treat that he had forgotten all about his own nourishment. Knowing he has time, since the pie needs to cool down, Normal gets to work on making a light snack of a salad. After eating a small bowl of it, he decides to pack up a container of the remaining salad for his neighbor. After everything is ready, Cameron sets the pie on top of the Tupperware container holding the salad and picks the two objects up.

He brings them to the front door, where he puts on his shoes. He hurries, however, tucking in the laces instead of tying them, which is something he never does. He just felt like he was taking up too much time and doesn't want to intrude at too late of an hour. He must be careful, after all. One wrong move, and he can mess up this friendship.