Bow Wow

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

It was a fine Saturday morning, and Y/N was dancing across the kitchen, humming a song as she put away dishes she had washed, feeling energetic and in a good mood. It was a cleaning day. Already, she had vacuumed the carpets and set out the laundry on a line in the backyard to dry in the sun. She had changed the sheets on her bed and wiped down surfaces, leaving the place smelling fresh as daisies. As she placed the final cup in the cabinet, the doorbell rang, causing her head to spin.

Curious as to who it might be, Y/N wipes off her hands on her white apron with prints of cherries all over it, though they weren't wet or dirty, before opening the door. She gasped when she saw Mr. Normal on the other side, smiling with something surprising held in his arms. It was a puppy no older than a year, white and covered in spots— A beautiful Dalmatian. She covers her mouth with both hands, eyes glittering with joy as the man beamed at her reaction.

"Surprise!" The dog begins wriggling to be set down, and so, he puts him on the ground but continues to hold onto a bright red leash latched onto the black, leather collar.

"Oh my gosh, Cameron! Is he yours?" As the pup came to sniff her, Y/N bent down with a big smile and pet his head. "Hello, mister. What's your name?" She giggles as the dog licks her face when she attempted to look for its tag, but there was only one for shots, not a name.

"I haven't gotten around to naming him yet. I was kind of hoping you could help me with that." Cameron's cheeks were flushed. Seeing her so giddy made him happy. Getting a dog was a brilliant idea. After she had told him how much she loved them, he couldn't resist stopping by a local pet shop in search of one.

"Really? You're sure?" He hums and nods his head, and so, she ponders a good name as she knelt down to scratch the Dalmatian's neck and ears. "What do you think of Speckles? Too obvious?"

"It's perfect." She giggles when the dog jumps up, placing his paws on her shoulders and licking her cheek repeatedly. She picks up his paws and sets him back down before standing up and rubbing her cheek with her sleeve. Cameron chuckles as well as the pup circles his legs before rolling onto his back, asking for a scratch. "I think he likes you," he claims while squatting down to pet Speckles' stomach.

"Wherever did you find him?"

"There's a pet store by my work. I always see people walking out with dogs, so I figured I'd stop in for a look, and well..." He laughs as the pup rolls back and forth, tongue hanging out of his mouth. "I remembered you talking about how much you like dogs, and it made me want one."

"Wasn't he expensive?"

"A little." He blushes brightly, but luckily, it was covered up when the animal hopped up to lick his face. "But, I think he was worth it. None of the other dogs seemed to take to me." Clearing his throat, he picks himself up and meets her gaze shyly. "W- Would you maybe like to go on a walk with me and him? There's a dog park close by."