Jealousy Will Drive You Mad

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

——————————————————
___________________________________
Author's POV:
___________________________________

——————————————————___________________________________Author's POV:___________________________________

___________________________________

Cameron watched with anxious eyes as two pairs of feet moved fluidly across the dance floor, almost perfectly in sync with each other, though the movements were almost too quick to keep up with. He felt as though his eyes were getting twisted up trying to follow their movements in attempts to recognize the patterns they were using, even though he had practiced them himself. He had finally decided to show up for proper lessons, but being in class again was no less overwhelming than the last attempt, especially when Charlie stole the spotlight by dancing with the darling instructor, showing off how far he's come.

He sighed heavily and clapped along with the rest of the class when their segment came to an end. A woman stepped up next, allowing Y/N to take the lead in their dance as her previous student joined the rest of them, watching and studying their movements the same way as he stood close by Mr. Normal. Too worried about how he'd look on the floor himself when his name would be called, Cameron didn't even notice the man until he whispered to him.

"Try not to fall this time, yeah?" Surprised by his intrusion, the slightly shorter man turned to him with flushed cheeks, nodding his head, not knowing what to say. He didn't want to be rude and interrupt the performance with chit-chat. He certainly felt more discouraged, though. The burly man beside him scoffs. "You should've probably just quit. After what I saw of you last time, no amount of practice would fix your two left feet." Cameron felt a pit form in his stomach as he gnawed his cheek absentmindedly, trying to block out his hurtful words.

    "You really shouldn't be wasting the teacher's time with that kinda skill, or is it that you're just pretending to be so pathetic to get special attention from her? What a sorry excuse for a man. I could tell you're just the type too. That innocent demeanor of yours isn't fooling anybody. You're here for sick reasons, aren't you? I've seen how closely you've been watching her." Without realizing it, Cameron began to shake, his throat growing tight from the accusations. He went to deny it only for the man to chuckle and grin in a sickly fashion. "Or maybe you really are just a fumbling idiot. In that case, don't get your hopes up. A gal like that would have no interest in a mousy reject like you."

He felt a sharp sting through the gut and felt rushed with a sudden wave of sickness. Slapping a hand over his mouth, Cameron turned the other way, excusing himself. He felt hot and congested. Even rushing out into the hall did nothing to help him. Panting heavily, he rushed to the bathroom to splash cold water on his face, feeling feverish. He broke into a sudden fit of coughs as the water spun down the drain but brushed it off, believing some water had caught in his throat when he threw it on himself. With a weak sob, he brought a hand to his eyes as he squeezed them shut, unable to catch his breath for some reason.