Radio Static

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

————————————————
Your POV:
_______________________________

————————————————Your POV:_______________________________

_______________________________

There was a weight on my chest as I crossed over to Darlene's house the morning after the... incident. I'm still in disbelief, honestly. I can't imagine the pain she's going through right now. I may have not known her or her daughter well, but I could tell she loved Kelly dearly. If something like that we're to happen to me, I'd probably never recover. I want to help. Obviously, I don't expect to fix things, but maybe, I can make the whole grieving process a little easier for her. I knock softly on the door and call out to her.

"Darlene? It's Y/N." I wait a few moments and sigh when I'm given no response.

'Perhaps, I should come back another time?' Just as I go to turn away, the door is unlocked and a head peeks out, revealing unkempt hair and exhausted, puffy eyes that are red from crying.

"What do you want?" Her voice came out stern and rude, but there was a distortion due to the sob that she choked back. I could help but give her a look of pity, which caused her to look away. I couldn't help it, though. She seemed so broken.

"Sorry to bother you. I just wanted to check if you were okay." Her gaze hardens, but she could hardly keep it up as she snaps,

"Of course I'm not okay! How could I be?! My child was murdered!" Her breath caught in her throat as tears glazed her eyes, and a hand slapped over her mouth to block out sobs. I was stunned.

"Murdered?" I mutter, a little puzzled. I just assumed she accidentally drowned. I didn't exactly get much detail on the situation. I only caught a portion of it on the news. Murder was never brought up; rather, the main theory is that she had tripped and hit her head on the corner of the sink before falling into the water. Well, now that I think about it, that is still kind of odd. What would she be doing making a bath that late at night anyways?

It seemed a little too perfect.

"She had to have been! The police said themselves t- that she had struggled." She grits her teeth, wishing to explain further, but her voice got stuck and she broke down, hiding her crying face behind her hands.

"Let's go inside. You should sit." She could only nod in agreement as I opened the door wider before guiding her to the kitchen table. She holds her head in her hands as I grab a box of tissues that were sitting on the counter and pass them to her. Sniffling, she takes some and wipes her eyes before blowing her nose.

"I s- shouldn't have left the house. Maybe, if I were home, she could've still..."

"You couldn't have known what was going to happen," I say strongly, not wanting her to blame herself for what had happened. "Please, don't start placing the blame on yourself. It won't do any good. What happened to her it's... It's horrible, and I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but you shouldn't dwell on what if's."