Chapter Nine

We made small talk for two hours before deciding time call it a day and head home. Caleb give me a ride and when he pulled up outside my house and turned to me.

"Look, I'm really sorry that turned out like that. I did not expect them to show up."

I shrugged. "It's nothing really; on a scale of one to ten I wanted to eat my eyes."

He laughed and touched my leg. It surprised me and I looked down at his hand. He cleared his throat and removed his hand.

"Let me make it up to you. Not tomorrow cause tomorrow I have practice. Wednesday, we'll do something Wednesday. Only not at the pizzeria, we'll drive and go sit at the back of my van and just hang."

"Wednesday is out. I have a meeting with my English teacher. He's helping me get into college."

"Thursday?"He askeed and I nodded

"Thursday is good. I'll see you later." He smiled and waved.

"Alex?" He called when I was almost out the truck. I turned and looked at him.

"You have no idea how much I want to. I just can't. I'm leaving and I know it's going to be hard for me to let you go."

I nodded and smiled. "I understand. I'll see you Thursday."

I got up and walked on the house. "Mom I'm home!" I found my mom in the kitchen. "Hey baby, how are you doing? You have to tell me about that guy." I smiled and sat on a stool by the counter. I took a bit of one of the chocolate chip muffins she had on the table.

"So, I was sitting by myself at the pool and he came up to me and we started talking. Mom, he is sex on legs. Lord, love him; He's gorgeous."

"What about Dylan?" She asked and II shrugged.

"I'm trying to get over it. He's with Ashley now. At least, I think he is. Although Caleb and I think something is up with that. Dylan won't listen though."

"And this sex on legs guy; is he into you?"

"Very much so."

"But? I hear a but I your voice."

"He's moving to Australia with his family in like four months. He doesn't wanna do anything to make leaving any harder." My mom smiled.

"Aw, he's a sweetheart. But I give you guys a week. Something is going to happen." I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You're my mother. You shouldn't be encouraging me with this." She laughed.

"Alexis, you're eighteen. I trust you would be smart. Besides I know you won't keep anything from me."

"How are you so sure?"

"You just called a guy sex on legs in front of me. No normal teenage girl would do that." I smiled.

"I'm gonna go to my room. I'm thinking of starting a sequel to the first memoir I wrote." She nodded and I ran up the stairs to my room.

"Well, it's about time." A voice said when I closed the door to my room.

"Jesus Dylan! What the hell is wrong with you!? How did you even get in here?!"

"Through the window. How was your date?"

"It wasn't a date. We're not together."

"How was it?"

"Painful; a few of his friends decided to join us. And I know I call Ashley a bitch but there girl there made her look like a saint."

"Why didn't you tell me you had plans with him?" I rolled my eyes. "For the same reason you didn't tell me you had a date with Ashley."

"I was planning for you to come."