Chapter Seventeen

Dylan's POV

"What are you doing?" I asked Alex when I found her in her room. She was crying and frantically stuffing clothes into her suitcase.

"I'm going home Dylan, I can't do this. I want to go home and I can't even find my toothbrush."

Wait, didn't we just take care of this a while ago?

"Can't do what?"

"This;" she said gesturing between us.

"I can’t be with you." She dried her eyes, only to have new tears replace the old ones.

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared."

"Of what?" She looked at me like I was stupid.

"Okay, I don't know if you know this," I could literally feel the sarcasm that she was about to deliver.

"but a while ago you were about to kiss me. Then Ashley showed up and the love you claimed you had for me; went out the window and you started sucking on her face."

"That wasn't what it looked like."

"Oh? Okay, that's a relief. You were just giving her a tour of the inside of your mouth then." I was getting angry.

"Look, I know it looked bad but please tell me you saw me try to push her off."

"No, sorry. I stopped looking when you kissed her back."

"Well, if you would've stuck around, you would've seen or heard actually, that I sent her away."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I told her that I was in love with my best friend and she told me I was pathetic cause it won't work out and I'd just end up getting hurt."

"And what did you say?" She'd stop crying by now but her eyes were puffy.

"I told her that she'd broken my heart as well and she was like 'But Alexis is your best friend it's gonna hurt like, so much more.'" I said the last part in Ashley's clover causing Alex to laugh.

"And what did you say to that?"

"I said 'It would be an honour to have my heart broken by Alex' then she left."

"That's from Fault In Our Stars."

"But it's true." She smiled and pulled me closer.

"Only I won't break your heart." I smiled.

"Well, there's that. See, you're already better than all the girls I've been with." I leaned in and kissed her, bringing back all the feelings from when I kissed her two weeks ago at the dance.

The only difference with this kiss was that it wasn't hesitant like the first, this kiss held promise, it was more demanding. It held so much emotion because it was years in the making.

Her lips felt softer than I'd remembered and she smelt like vanilla. Vanilla is now my new favourite scent. I had hand behind her head so she couldn't move, but, with the way she was kissing me, I didn't think she want to. Her hands travelled up my arm and linked behind my neck.

I could feel her breath against my cheek and it was tickling me crazy. I giggled, breaking the kiss.

"What was so funny?" She asked playing with my hair.I found it hard to concentrate.

"Your breath is tickling my face." She smirked at me, she was still playing with my hair.

"Could you not do that? It's distracting."  She smiled but made no effort to stop what she was doing.