9. All the good times are on their way

Thank you so much for a hundred views!! I love you so much 💞

***

Today was the day of the record's release. We were so stressed. Although we loved this album, we were not sure what would the critics think.

Dad decided to name it "Shadows Collide with People" and I loved it. My favourite songs were 'Carvel', 'Regret', 'Song to sing when I'm lonely' and 'Omission', in which I sang. I was so proud of him, he has always been my number one artist.

- Josh, my manager called me. He told me that everyone loved your presence on the album. You're the best drummer, guitarist and pianist in the world. I love you so much son.

He gave me a hug, tears forming in his eyes.

- Are you really proud of me?

- I'm very proud. I'm so grateful for being your father. You've brought so much happiness into my life.

- My life has changed a lot too. I would never believe that I have got any talent at all or that someone can love me or accept me the way I am. And now look at me, I have a huge family and the most perfect girlfriend I could think of.

We were already dressed in suits and waiting for a limo to pick us up. There was a huge party organized at Flea's to which all of our friends were invited.

*

- Dear guests, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support. You were always there for me and without you I wouldn't be standing at this place. I would also like to mention how my son, Josh, helped me with this record. He was an inspiration and also a creator of these beautiful songs. Son, could you join me on stage?

I was standing in the crowd and listening to dad's speech with tears in my eyes. I was moved when he asked me to go on stage. I quickly joined him.

- Thank you for such a warm welcome. I'm not the best in terms of public speaking but I will just say that I hope it won't be our last record. I love you dad and I'm really proud of you.

I gave him a hug and the whole audience was clapping. I was sure that Flea's neighbors were wondering what was going on here.

- I would like to play a few songs of our new record just for you. Josh, will you sing 'Omission' with me?

I nodded and brought our acoustic guitars. I was really scared, I've never performed in public before.

After the song I felt amazing. I was so proud of myself for the first time in my life. Then, dad played 'Regret'. It always moved me. I knew that he had gone through hell and back and I could see that he truly regretted not knowing about me earlier.
We played 3 more songs and I went off the stage. Clara has thrown herself into my arms and gave me a kiss.

- I'm so proud of you. You'll be a star baby. I'm so lucky to be your girlfriend!

I wanted to respond but I've suddenly heard dad saying my name.

- This is a new song I wrote for Josh, he will understand who is it about. 

He started to strum the strings and everyone went silent.

- The song is called 'Anne'.

- It's my mother's name.

I've whispered to Clara as we sat down in our chairs.

"Anne you can't hide
You know
We'll find you
It's a matter where pride flies out the window
I never got the weight off the ground
I just forgot what's up and what's down
How many get the way I feel now
There's no regret
There's just the sense that
Nothing is coming my way
There's so much that happened today