62. You're free to cry and you don't have to wipe your eyes

The next morning I woke up to the sight of Mag sitting on the bed and looking at me. She was smiling widely.

- Good morning, sleepyhead. You look so cute when you're snoring.

She told me.

- Morning, honey. What did I do to deserve waking up next to the most beautiful girl in the world?

I said. I sounded cheesy but that's what I wanted.

- Aww, you're so romantic...

Maggie told me and leaned in to kiss me. I yawned right into her face and she moved away with a disgusted look on her face.

- Dear God, my grandma's 20 years old dog smelled better then your breath!

She exclaimed.

- I love it when you're so nice to me, baby!

I responded and kissed her forcefully. She tried to get away but I didn't let her. I began to tickle her neck.

- Josh, stop it!

Maggie laughed and tickled me as well.

- Okay, okay, I give up, just stop, please!

I responded, trying to suspend my laughter.
We went downstairs holding hands. Christine was sitting in the living room. She smiled to us.

- Someone hates tickling.

Mrs Hill said.

- Yeah, she begged me to stop!

I told Maggie's mom.

- Don't lie, you screamed like a little girl and told me you'd take me everywhere I want if I stop tickling you.

Maggie said and looked me in the eyes.

- Yeah, sure I did. So where do you want to go, baby?

I asked.

- On tour with you.

She stated.

- Oh, well, we'll see about that, you know, I'd love to, but I'm not the one to decide...

I spoke. Christine looked at her feet and told us she'd go make us something for breakfast. Maggie was visibly sad.

- Cheer up, babe, I've got a surprise for you.

I said.

- Wait, did my mom agree?!

Mag asked.

- Oh, I don't know, Mag, I guess now I'll disappoint you with what I'm about to say...

- No, go on.

She said.

- I thought it would be nice to visit John once again and spend this day with him and Emily...

I proposed.

- I'd love to. They're so nice. You've got such a great family and a beautiful house, you're lucky to be allowed to do what you love and go wherever you want, not like me.

She said and hugged me.

- Don't worry, honey, soon you'll be an adult and I promise I'll take you for a journey around the world.

- One can dream...

Maggie said and went upstairs. She was crying. I ran after her.

- Wait, don't you believe me, baby?