1) Having eyes only for you

Darwin's POV

My name is Darwin. Darwin Blumenberg. I am 16 years old and It's been 10 years since I moved from London to Munich.

The first day of school arrived. A new chapter in my life as a person. High school. Although I've seen movies which showed that high school isn't the greatest, I heard from other older friends that it is a truly amazing experience. Having these two very different views about high school, I was curious to see which one would be true for me.

Together with my younger sister, we went to school. When we got out of the car, a huge white building was standing in front of us. As we were in the same class, we were told to go in Room 16. The hallways were dead silent, no soul was anywhere to be seen as if the building was abandoned.

Suddenly, I feel a hand tapping on my shoulder. I turn around and see a boy my age, with brown hair and hazelnut eyes.

"Are you new in this school?" he asks.

"Yes, we are. My sister and I are supposed to be in Room 16. Do you know where that is?" I ask, hoping that he does.

"Did you say Room 16? Are you also in 9th grade Class 1?"

"Yes, we are."

"Then follow me. We will be classmates. I am Leo. I am from France and my zodiac sign is Leo. Such an original name... I know." he said, laughing at his own joke.

"I won't deny that. We were born in England but we moved here 10 years ago. My name's Darwin and my sister's Sarah. I hope we can be good friends."

"Me too. We reached class, so let's get in."

---------

We entered and saw that a few of our classmates were already here, and we decided to stay together. Leo and I stood next to each other, while Sarah took a seat in front of me. A girl asked if they could sit together and Sarah quickly said yes.

As we were cheerfully chatting about different things, a teacher entered the classroom saying that he will be our homeroom teacher for the next 4 years. Then, he talked a bit more about how high school will be different from middle school and that we would have to be on time the next day.

After that, the four of us, Leo, Sarah, Giulia who was Sarah's new friend and our classmate, and I decided to go get some ice-cream to celebrate the beginning of school.

While we were heading for the exit, I heard someone call my and Sarah's name. We both turned and saw Janin, a girl that was our classmate in middle school. We waved, but then I noticed another girl passing by her. She had beautiful golden hair that really suited her green, emerald eyes. While looking at her, I felt like everything around me stopped. My heart beat like crazy, then stopped, and then beat like crazy again. I didn't know what was happening.

But while trying to look more at her, Janin came to join us and blocked my vision which was trying to look at that pretty girl.

---------

At home, in the evening, I tried to remember all of her facial traits so that I would be able to draw her. But I noticed that I didn't really see much of her face, so I promised myself that I will find out who she is.

The days passed. I started knowing my classmates and made a few more friends apart from Leo. But, aside from the first day of school, I never saw her again.

---------

Luckily, she appeared one day. But, she went to speak to Brian, another classmate. I didn't know Brian very well. Was she his girlfriend? I hoped not.

She started talking. As I was near them, I noticed that her voice was like an angel's. I wanted to talk to her. But I couldn't. Maybe I would frighten her. I didn't wish for that to happen.

After a while, she asked about Sarah, to which I answered that she was with Varick, her boyfriend. I don't know why, but she just thanked me and went on speaking with Brian, who also told her that I was Sarah's brother.

This was all I could think of. Was I jealous? No way. I never get jealous because I never fall in love with anyone.

Or maybe yes.

I fell in love with this girl. It is strange. I don't even know her name. But she just stole my heart. On that first day of school.

And, oh, such a thief.

She continues to steal it. Unbelievable. When I woke up from my dream, I discovered that I fell asleep during the break and that she was already gone. Then, the teacher came in.

After the class was finished, I told Sarah that a girl has been looking for her. Brian told her exactly who she​ was. And so, I heard​ her name for the first time.

Diana.

Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. Beautiful like a goddess.

That evening, Sarah told me that she talked to Diana and then thanked me again. I said that it was my "duty" as her brother. And it's not as if I hated it or I'd be burdened if I'd have to do it every day.