2) I Know Nothing about love

Being in the same class as Brian is both a good and a bad thing: I get to see Diana but they look really close. I still don't know whether they are just friends or more.

Friday quickly came, to which I was happy as the weekend came too and I could relax more than I did during school days.

At school, during a break, Diana came as usual to see Brian, while Leo, Matt and I sat, talking about what we would do during the weekend and other different things, when Matt suddenly changed the subject.

"I just noticed how pretty that girl is." he said looking towards Diana.

"Yeah, she is.", said Leo, "but she's not really my type."

"I know she is", was I thinking. "I guess I'm not the only one who can't help but notice her prettiness."

"What do you think, Darwin?", Leo asked me.

"Yeah, she is kinda pretty.", I said. Of course I wouldn't have told them I found her not only pretty, but also beautiful and elegant.

"I wonder if Brian is her boyfriend... But even if he isn't, he's one lucky fellow to be able to talk to such a pretty girl."

"Okay, Matt. So did you fall for her or do you just want to date a girl from another class?" said Leo.

"I was just admiring God's creation, you know. Darwin is as absorbed as me, anyway."

When both looked at me, I turned my head to them. "I was just looking in the distance."

"Please, Matt. Even if he was watching her, he wouldn't be thinking things like that, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, my bad. I know he's just an innocent boy. But not for too long. Ha ha ha."

"Whatever. Oh, Darwin we'll go to our seats cause the teacher should arrive any moment."

"Okay."

---------

When I finally arrived home, I sat down at my desk and started doing my Physics homework so that I would have less to do over the weekend. As I was writing, I found a harder exercise that required more thinking than the others. While thinking about the exercise, my mind started wondering and recalling what happened today at school.

"I just noticed how pretty that girl is." he said looking towards Diana.

When I first saw how pretty she was, I figured that there would be a lot of boys who'd be attracted to her, but I didn't know that one of my friends would also find her attractive. Even though I'm a bit smarter than him, he is indeed more handsome and more approachable than I am. If someone was to choose between the two of us, I think they'll choose him. But, it's okay. First of all, he wasn't even serious when he said that, and second of all, I already like Diana and I won't be backing off so quickly. With that thought in mind, I finished my homework.

In the evening, after eating dinner, the whole family was sitting in front of the TV, watching a movie. The female lead was asking the male lead why did he like her, to which he said "Because you're pretty."

"Wow, seriously. If I were her I'd leave him and never want to see him again." said Sarah.

"Huh, but why? He was telling the truth and gave her a compliment.", I said.

"Cause beauty passes with time. He could have just said he likes her for her personality, for her humor, because he always feels good when he's around her or just because he likes the way she makes him feel. There are a lot of other choices but he just had to go with the worst one. "

---------

Laying in bed, I figured out that I would also be rejected if, when I confessed to Diana, I say I like her because she is pretty. But that's the truth. I don't know her personality or her sense of humor cause I never really talked to her. Whenever she's in our classroom, she goes to Brian or to Sarah, while I am always near Leo or Matt. Besides, I am a bit introverted around people I don't know or people who seem introverted themselves. (I didn't really feel introverted with Leo when we first met because he looked extroverted and talked a lot, and that made me instantly feel comfortable around him.) Moreover, as I like her, I would feel even more introverted talking to her face-to-face. Saying hi or telling her where my sister is doesn't make me as introverted as I would be if we were to talk more. Ah. Why is life so hard?

---------

(Monday morning)

When the school bell rang, I went to Leo's desk to talk to him about what we each did during the weekend, as we weren't able to do so before the class because he arrived just before the teacher came in. After a while, Janin also came and I waved at her.

"Hi. How's school going, Janin?"

"Good. I miss our classmates."

"Me too. But at least we're attending the same school and we can still talk during breaks."

"Yeah, that's true. We should still see the bright side of things."

As we were talking, I noticed Diana coming.

"Hey, Janin. We should go as the break is almost over."

"Oh, yeah. Bye Darwin."

"Bye."

Are they in the same classroom? I could find out easily by going there one time...