7) Halloween

Due to an English project, here I am in the library. I don't hate it being here, but I don't really like it either.

Having to find a book, I get up from the table and go scan the shelves. I walk in a row where I think the book could be. Not long after, I find it. When I want to take it, I notice somebody on the other side of the shelf. Looking more, I notice that the other person is Diana. I stare for a bit at her, when she suddenly raises her head, locking eyes with me. While trying to figure out my next move and what should I say, Diana already talks to me.

"Hi."

"Oh, hi. How come you're here?"

"Well, I like reading books and I finished another book, so I came to get another one. But, how come you're here? "

"I have a project to make."

"Oh. I see. Well I'll let you continue doing it."

"Are you staying here to read?"

"Yeah, I like it better and I can focus better as well. Why?"

"You can join me if you want."

"Oh sure."

We head to the table that has my books on, and we sit across form each other. I continue doing my project, while occasionally stealing glances of Diana.

After an hour, I notice that she has fallen asleep. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. The world seems like a better and a more peaceful place. It seems like there are no evil things in the whole world. It seems like there are no diseases, no bad people. Everything is nice, everybody is happy and nice with each other. Like every single soul is happy.

While being lost in my thoughts, Diana wakes up.

"Oh, it's already this late. I have to go." she says.

"Wait. I'll come with you."

After leaving the library, we walk next to each other. Even though none of us is saying anything, I am still happy being near her.

---------

"Darwin!"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing for Halloween?" asks my sister.

"I talked with mom and invited Matt and Leo over to have a small party."

"Oh really. I was thinking of inviting Diana for a party of ours."

"You can call Janin too and have a big party."

"Oh, okay."

---------

It is 7 o'clock when I hear the doorbell ring. I go to see who it is and I see my two friends.

"Trick or treat."

"Hi Leo. Hi Matt. Come in."

"I like your vampire costume." Leo says to me.

"Thanks. I also love your Joker costume, Leo and your Batman costume, Matt."

"Thanks" they say.

The three of us enter the living room which is decorated with bats, ghosts and spider webs. They also say hi to my sister who is dressed as Hermione Granger, because she loves the Harry Potter series. Not long after, we again hear the doorbell ringing.

"Oh this must the girls." says Sarah, going to get the door.

When she comes back, I see that Diana is dressed as a fairy, while Janin as Harley Quinn.

"You two match. Did you plan this?" asks Sarah while looking between Leo and Janin.

"No... " says Leo.

"I like your outfit, Diana" says Matt.

"Thank you."

"Now, sit down." says Sarah.

We all sit down. Leo, Janin and I are each sitting on an armchair, while Diana, Sarah and Matt are sitting on the couch. In the middle, there is a table with lots of snacks, French fries and some fried chicken.

We start talking about different things, while I notice how pretty Diana looks as a fairy. After a while, we decide to put on some music and start dancing and jumping. I mostly stand near Leo, while Matt keeps standing near Diana. I don't really like it and I see that she also looks a bit uncomfortable with him, so I go to Matt.

"Hey. Do you want to eat?"

"Yeah sure." he says.

Standing at the table, picking our food I ask him. "How do you like it here."

"It's nice. Your house is nice and I like it cause she is here too."

"Who?"

"The fairy."

After giving me that answer, he leaves me to go sit on the couch to eat. I just stand there with my plate in my hand not knowing how to react.

"Hey. You okay?" asks my sister.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Okay... You look as if you've seen a ghost."

"Haha, no."

"Just wanted to make sure you're okay."

---------

After we all danced, I notice that we are all pretty tired, and so, we decide to watch "The Addams family".

By the time the movie ends, aside from Diana and I, everyone else is asleep.

"I like your bracelet." I tell her.

"Oh thanks. I got it from my grandma."

"I noticed that you always carry it with you."

"Yeah. It brings me luck."

"Oh... Do you want to watch another movie?"

"No. I think I'll just go to sleep."

"Oh okay. Good night."

"Good night."

And so, we all fell asleep in the nicely-decorated living room.