Chapter 18

"So how is life living with just your father?" I ask Haley as we walk to math class.

"Great! He's so sweet. He feels extremely guilty about everything. I can tell he is trying so hard to do better." She says smiling.

"That's awesome," I say.

"Yeah, oh! We are moving. Not far, maybe closer to you. Dad says this house has too many bad memories. I agree." Haley says with excitement.

"That's cool!" I cheer.

"My Dad wants to meet you and Joey."

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I say. We continue walking for a bit, until Haley gasps.

"What?" I ask.

"What if we go on a double date? It'd be perfect for you and Joey to meet my dad!" Haley shouts.

"And Logan?"

"Why not?"

"Sure, okay. When?"

"Tonight!"

"What? Haley, it's Monday night."

"Hey girls!" Logan shouts from behind us. We turn around to see Logan and Joey jogging towards us.

"Perfect," Haley says with a smirk. 

"Hello, my beautiful girlfriend," Logan says once he gets over to us.

"Hi there," I say as I peck his lips.

"So, are you guys busy tonight?" Haley starts.

"Nope," Joey says.

"I'm free," Logan says as well.

"Let's go on a double date!" Haley squeaked.

"Tonight?" Logan asked.

"Yeah!" Haley cheered.

"Sure," Joey said.

"I don't see why not," Logan said as he looked at me. I shrugged.

"Also, before we go out, I want you guys to meet my dad. Well, Logan you don't really have to if you don't want to." Haley said as we started walking again.

"It's cool, I'll meet you there," Logan said.

"Alrighty, so Mia and Joey come at like 5:45, and Logan can come then or at 6 when we leave." Haley said confidently.

"Uh, where are we going to go?" I asked.

"Oh, whoops. I forget to figure that out," Haley said letting out an awkward laugh.

"Why don't we go to a restaurant?" Joey suggested.

"Yeah, what food do we feel like?" I ask.

"Sushi!" Haley screamed, causing weird looks in the hallway.

"Is everyone good with sushi?" I ask, laughing about Haley's eruption.

The boys nod, as we all head to first period.

~*~*~

I pull up on Haley's driveway, and see Joey's car in the driveway. I am a little nervous,  as I have never met Haley's parents, or seen them actually. I get out of the car, walk to the door, and ring the doorbell.

The door swings open and shows a man. He looks so much like Haley. He has dark brown hair, and blue eyes. He looks to be in his 40s. "Hi! You must be Mia." He says with a hand out for me to shake.

"Hi, and yep that's me," I say awkwardly, as I shake his hand.

"You can call me John," He says with a smile.